WHO WE ARE
The bank for a changing world. BNP Paribas has been recognized as the 2019 World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility by Euromoney magazine. This reflects our commitment to financing the economy in an ethical manner, developing and engaging our people, being an agent for positive impact on society and for combating climate change. BNP Paribas contributes to the real economy by providing solutions to a wide range of clients: individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps them realise their personal and professional projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and insurance.
BNPP has a significant presence in the UK with a 150-year history. Whilst recognised as a leading European bank, BNP Paribas in fact operates in 73 worldwide countries with around 200,000 employees. With such a diverse set of banking coverage (ranging from asset management insurance, retail banking, personal finance, vehicle leasing to investment banking) the career opportunities within BNPP are vast, international and attract a diverse staff base.
The Global Markets Graduate Programme is a 12 month rotational programme where you will conduct 3 x 4 month rotations. The Sales programme is designed for you to gain exposure to two different areas of the business. These could be across any of the following Streams: Trading, Structuring, Sales, Primary, Research or one of the Transversal Teams (which can include COO, Strategic Oversight Office, TRS & Resources, GMAT, Conduct, Institutional Sales, eCommerce & Digital.) This will give you an immense opportunity to learn about a variety of products, clients and markets over the course of the programme.
These will vary due to the rotational nature of the programme but the following can be expected in each of the different business lines outside of the generalist rotation:
- Designing, pricing and marketing derivatives
- Creating innovative products and ideas suited to market conditions and client needs.
- Supporting the marketing efforts through back-testing, presentations
- Interacting closely with Sales, Trading and Clients when needed.
- Contributing to digitalisation of our platform
- Controlling that the product offer is in line with the BNPP trading capacity and policies.
- Trade execution and short-term risk management
- Aid trading activities by analysing opportunities, producing research and market analysis
- Trading report development, and evaluation of trading strategies and their appropriateness for our customers
- Market commentary and analysis for internal and external distribution
- Development of modelling tools for markets analysis
-Support activities by analysing opportunities, producing research and market analysis.
-Market commentary for internal and external distribution.
-Identify new clients for the business.
-Support client initiatives.
-Develop presentations for use by team.
- Supporting DCM Marketers in developing client presentations, letters, proposals
- Conduct data analysis on new issues and credit analysis on target clients
- Preparing frequent written market updates/ newsletters
- Assist in the execution of DCM mandates, co-ordinating internal and external resources
-Support the research team by conducting analysis of a wide variety of economies, financial markets, as well as political developments
-Assist in the development of new research and modelling tools
-Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis on global markets
-Carry out deep-dive research on a variety of countries/asset classes
-Draft presentations, research notes and responses to client questions
-Generate trading strategies
-Present macroeconomic and market views and/or trading strategies to internal and external clients clearly and effectively
There are different type of Sales (Macro/Mast/Solutions) across Corporates and Institutional clients. In all cases, we would expect the Candidates to demonstrate the following skils:
- Methodical, logical, systematic and solution-driven approach
- Creativity and willingness to challenge and innovate
- Strong drive to exceed expectations and take initiative
- Great multitasking and time management skills
- Strong analysis and judgement
- Meticulous accuracy with a keen eye for detail
- Confident verbal communication and networking skills
- Team player
- Proactive and enthusiastic self-starter
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and a keen interest in current affairs and finance topics
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Additional languages are an advantage
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent academic background, minimum 2:1 or equivalent in Bachelor’s degree
- Keen interest and basic understanding in Capital Markets
- Strong desire and capacity to learn
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills are advantageous
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Proficient with MS Office tools, including Excel (any additional computer skills/coding are an advantage).
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of professionalism
- Previous internship or work experience
- Motivated and driven to develop a career in Global Markets
- Ability to influence,
- Products & services conception and presentation capabilities,
- Customer Relationship Management and Strategic Commercial Coverage skills
- Digital knowledge & culture
- In addition, the following skillset would be considered a plus for the following roles:
- Solutions Sales : Data knowledge, Regulatory and law knowledge, Investment Banking knowledge
- Macros Sales : strong Macroeconomics background, a Transversal Financial Markets view
- Market Access Bespoke : Data Mining & Processing capabilities, Transaction processing and data capture, a Transversal financial markets view
- Market Access Services Sales : Descriptive Modeling & Data Mining & Processing capabilities, Disruptive Innovation skills, Business / IT relationships, Industrial Flow Management skills, Transaction processing and data capture, a Transversal financial markets view
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
OPENING DATE: 5th September 2019
CLOSING DATE: 29th November 2019