Who We Are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now works in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
About Global Markets
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo.
What you’ll do as part of the M360 Research team the successful applicant will be involved in the following:
- Support UK rates and the Eurozone inflation market rates strategy
- Engage and learn about the broader G10 rates strategy team by developing weekly monitoring tools
- Develop an understanding of each product in this area, including bonds, swaps and other derivatives such as inflation swaps
- Creation of tools to monitor macro variables, liaising with the economics and quant teams
- Assist in analysing market dynamics and themes that lead to trade idea generation
- Partner with the global trading and sales teams to develop the franchise
Competencies required for the role
- Excellent academic record from top university or equivalent
- Interest in and good understanding of the financial market
- Strong analytical skill set and knowledge of economic and statistics
- Proficiency in Python
- Fluent in English
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Start Date: June-July 2022
Length of Internship: 11 months