This program is a unique opportunity to start your career in an international world leading Bank, and to develop your skills and knowledge in a multicultural and challenging environment. As the program is a high priority for senior management, the training, networking, mentoring, and stretch assignments provided throughout the year will significantly contribute to the development of your technical and business skills.
TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES
As an operation analyst , your responsibilities will include:
• Working with the trading desk, clients, counsel and operations to settle par primary and secondary loan trades;
• Prepare and review the LSTA standard documents and other legal documents including Trade Confirms, Assignment Agreements, Participation agreements and Multilateral Agreements;
• Confirm trades posted in Clearpar match trader's browser in the front end system, LoanTrak
• Reconcile trader’s position between LoanIQ and LoanTrak platforms;
• Liaise with the Client On-Boarding team, providing the necessary KYC documentation for new funds, including admin details and tax forms;
• Coordinate among counterparts, legal counsel and administrative agent, the review and execution of all trade documents necessary for closing;
• Communicate and escalate any trade issues to management and the trading desk;
• Read and interpret Credit Agreements and Amendments;
• Monitor and update Loan Trak with loan activity including rollovers, rate settings, PIK increases and Paydowns;
• Focus on key economic, language and fee-related disputes;
• Maintain a high level of customer service with quick response times and accurate information (both internally and externally);
• Prepare and review pricing prior to settlement;
• Provide Settlement Memos to Loan Servicing on closing date;
• Distribute the Trading Activity, Unsettled Trades, Inventory and Loan Portfolio Risk Reports daily to Market Risk;
• Participate in a weekly review of the unsettled trades;
• Report status of unsettled trades and key risk indicators to management weekly;
• Work with Traders, Market Risk and Finance on issues with P&L;
• Attend LSTA conferences to stay informed of new processes regarding loan settlements.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
As a BNP Paribas employee in Montreal, you will benefit from:
• Working in a brand new office space
• Giving back to the community through the Volunteering committee (Tree planting, Welcome Hall Mission, etc.)
• Participating in various activities through the Sports & Leisure Committee all year round
• Improving hard and soft skills thanks to the numerous BNPP Canada Academy trainings
• Summer Fridays, Lunch & Learn, and much more
• Bilingual (French, English). Spanish an asset
• Bachelor's degree
• Knowledge of the LSTA standards
• Experience with ClearPar
• Detail-oriented and organized with excellent communication and client service skills
• Team player
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Self-Motivated/Ability to work with little or no supervision and meet tight deadlines
• Hands-on experience with the LoanIQ (plus) and operational processes
• Availability in regards to extended working hours
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign investment banks and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 800 employees, and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as ambitious talents from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. Our policies promote equity and diversity and we pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
For the sixth year in a row, BNP Paribas has received the Top Employer Europe certification. Furthermore, in 2018 UN Women announced BNP Paribas as the new HeForShe Thematic Champion to accelerate progress towards gender equality. BNP Paribas Canada is recognized for the excellence of its training and was granted the Certificate for the quality of training initiatives (CQIF) by la Commission des partenaires du marché du travail (CPMT).
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.