At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for coordination and maintenance and oversight of commercial loan processing and documentation operations activities and administration. Acts as the operational expert and addresses operational issues to ensure they are resolved in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Use this position for functional areas that have been identified as risk sensitive such as loan boarding and processing and positions that function as an interface/liaison between lending functions and the processing center.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Responds to various operational issues of the highest complexity within the loan processing and documentation area.
- Analyzes complex problems and delivers solutions where precedent may not exist.
- Generally leads one or more teams.
- Anticipates and identifies areas for improvement and recommends solutions.
- Participates in appropriate performance-management related tasks.
- Resolves highest level escalated issues from internal and external customers.
- Maintains an expert level knowledge of unit policies, procedures, standards, and workflow.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge within a specific discipline typically gained through extensive work experience and/or education.
- Requires 5-7+ years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Commercial Loan Documentation
- Responsible for compiling and preparing standard and non-standard loan documents as per terms and conditions of the approval for all loans.
- May be responsible for loan files from any or all points including loan processing, loan documentation preparation, pre-boarding data entry, loan documentation review, loan closing, and/or tickler/file maintenance.
- May assist in projects relative to process/workflow improvements, system updates/releases, system enhancements, etc.
Commercial Loan Servicing
- May process complex loan transactions and/or book loans to the loan system
- Review and process complicated requested financial transactions (including Syndications and Special Assets) originated from customers and internal business partners.
- May perform reviews of transactions processed by other CLS staff to determine whether the transaction was posted completely and accurately.
- May handle escalated or complicated research requests as needed
- May perform periodic report review
- May work with internal partners to reconcile GL and other accounts
- May interact with outside service providers or government agencies
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-City of IndustryJob Type: Full-timeJob: Commercial