In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
• To handle and/or supervise the daily operations of the Loan Services.
• To act as MIRO (*) Administrator for all APAC sites (except Indonesia)
(*) MIRO is the system where provisions are input
- Loan Administration
- Ensure fulfilment of condition precedent prior to loan drawdown and/or condition subsequent.
- Validate Agent’s instruction in conformity with the loan documentation
- Perform loan administration tasks for drawdown, rollover, repayment, early prepayment and secondary trade.
- Perform agency function for designated shipping loans.
- Arrange with Treasury for funding and rate fixing.
- Instruct Back Office for payment to Agent.
- Calculate and control the commissions and fees.
- Maintain all internal loan records.
- Handle waiver / amendment requests or other enquiry (including audit confirmation) from Client(s) or Agent.
- Prepare various reports for regulatory and control purpose during the life of the loan.
- To coordinate with relevant counterparty for providing necessary support to Corporate Banking and IBA on operation and control perspective.
- MIRO Administration
- Monthly input in MIRO which is the system where provisions are input to feed the different accounting systems and ensure the data is updated in an appropriate way.
- Prepare and update GRR spreadsheet on quarterly basis for recovery flow and provision movement during last quarter
- Provide necessary support to VPG and other site on provision booking and miro operation
Ad Hoc Projects and Tasks
- Support and/or contribute on organisational & administrative tasks and Head office, Regional & Local projects
- Contribute to IG/Regulatory inspection and external Audit mission
- Contribute to ensure that Compliance Rules and Guidelines are respected on our portfolio.
He or she shall possess a culture of accountability and discipline for management of risk& credit data quality at all level of organization. He or she shall have clear understanding of data definition in order to secure the data quality during all along the data lifecycle until reporting.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
Good knowledge of the loan products and business lines.
Excellent command of MS Office (Excel + Word).
Planning & Organization skills (setup and follow schedules).
Oral and written communication skills (internal and external, from Business lines to Back Office).
The candidate shall be resourceful, willing to take responsibilities and accountabilities. Accuracy and commitment to the job are required.
Experience and Qualifications required
Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience
Meticulous and attentive to details
Open to team work / team spirit
Common sense / Ability to learn from experience