In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The primary purpose of the role is to manage or supervise part of the portfolio of syndicated loans where BNPP is acting as Agent, in accordance with established processes and may include supervision of local or regional staff.
The Senior Account Manager is also instrumental in ensuring alignment of processes and approaches vis-a-vis external and internal stakeholders, including business partners and Agency management, eg. through reporting. The incumbent drives or contributes to continuous process improvements or other projects.
Perform the following key agency missions, directly or as supervisor to another team member :
- Review and comment on finance documents especially about loan operation and agency provisions
- Ensure satisfaction of condition precedents prior to loan drawdown or conditions subsequent
- Liaise with legal counsels or other external parties in all necessary issues relating to the loan documents
- Facilitate waiver / amendment requests or enquiries from either clients or lenders
- Follow through submission of covenants or other reports during the life of the loan
- loan administration : i) liaise with clients and lenders for all loan drawdown, roll-overs, loan transfers, etc; & (ii) perform calculation, maintain all internal loan records and prepare instructions to Operations.
The senior team member shall also
- Actively contribute or lead management reporting or specific projects
- Actively coach or supervise other team members –locally or in other sites
- Assist department head in optimising internal processes or organisation and provide/coordinate regular management reports
- Contribute to the homogeneity of the regional setup by assisting and monitoring local agency desks in APAC in areas such as procedures, KPIs, documentation issues, best market practices…
Qualifications and Experience Required
Degree holder preferred or relevant experience in similar role
Other experience such as analyst, legal assistant… will be considered
Common sense / Ability to learn from experience
Essential Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
Able to read and understand reputational and operational implications of loan documentation
Team player with strong oral and written communication skills to interact with diversified stakeholders, including ability to stay focused in handling questions or issues
Meticulous and attentive to details
Well organised to plan and manage issues within deadlines
Advanced MS Office knowledge (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
Other Value-added Competencies :
Ability to organise and deliver, including under time-constraints / stressing situations
Client oriented and listening but ability to resist pressure and know boundaries
Sense of initiative to propose improvements in department protocols
Loan Syndicate & Sales
Financing business units
Operational processing teams
Transversal teams (Legal, Compliance…)
Finance parties to the syndicated loan (participating lenders, obligors, other agent banks, account bank…)
Advisors to the financing : legal counsels, consultants, etc