Business Management Analyst
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas’ Global Markets offers consistent client service and innovative solutions for investment, hedging and financing opportunities across asset classes and geographies, and research and market intelligence to help our clients make strategic decisions.
FXLM (“Foreign Exchange & Local Markets”) is a core business line of Global Markets, and offers a complete suite of products and services to address Clients’ investing and hedging needs with sales, trading, research and strategy, local markets coverage, and electronic trading capabilities.
The FXLM Business Management team is critical to support the FXLM Business and is responsible to:
- Implement the transformation within FXLM
- Act as key enabler in the implementation of FXLM’s core strategy
- Assist FXLM in maintaining a cost efficient and fully functioning operational structure by strong «Represent FXLM in transversal forums and sponsor (on its behalf) in various projects/programs
- Implement key indicators for FXLM on revenue/costs/risk
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The LM Business Manager will work in close collaboration with the LM COO and support the Head of EM Credit Sales and LM Rates Institutional Sales EMEA to:
- Implement the strategy for Local Markets Rates and Credit
- Run the governance and track actions
- Run ad hoc analysis on the client activity and markets
- Implement and maintain performance indicators
- Contribute to the transformation and maintenance of the operational Local Markets framework, constantly looking for further efficiency and automation opportunities
- Preparation of the Executive Committees materials and actions follow-up
- Onsite events preparation and follow-up
- Ad hoc data analysis for Sales and Trading Management, such as Client Contribution, Revenues, Volumes, Hit Ratios, etc.
- Provide support for client marketing materials such as pitchbooks and other relevant analysis ahead of client presentations and roadshows
- Implementation and maintenance of KPIs to support the Management in their decisions
- Maintenance of the BAU operational framework to support the Local Markets activity
- Budget preparation and coordination
- Calibration and maintenance of Client Contribution and Economic Value
- Previous experience in Finance / Capital Markets roles
- Knowledge of Interest Rates, FX and Credit products
- Strong academic record
- Fluent in English, other languages helpful
- Curious, self-driven, able to take initiatives and with strong communication skills
- Good in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in HTML and Python would be a plus.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.