At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference... Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
... Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Liquidity Analyst will be part of the liquidity team whose responsibility widens from the reconciliation of the accounting data with the liquidity data to the production of various regulatory liquidity reports for both European and United States regulators.
The Analyst will be required to build a strong expertise on liquidity reporting and on the banking business model as a whole, in order to navigate across a number of specific subjects, largely to improve regulatory reporting, but also internal reporting to management.
• Production of regulatory reporting concerning liquidity topics (e.g. FR 2052a, Liquidity Balance Sheets, Liquidity Coverage Ratio, etc), including the posting of manual adjustments, maintenance of the controls documentation, variance analysis and interpretation of the data.
• Regular monitoring of the CUSO/IHC Liquidity Balance Sheet, including the investigation and explain of variances in business activities for management reporting.
• Active participation in the design, enhancement, development and testing of a wide range of automation solutions.
• Perform ad hoc investigations around liquidity mappings, representation of data and sporadic data issues and liaise with the appropriate business and functional teams in order to gain insight.
• Report on a timely manner any data, mapping and/or reporting gaps either coming from a reconciliation process issue, IT technical issue or a need for updated procedure around the maintenance of static mapping.
• Provide assistance in responding to questions from senior management by ensuring prompt resolution and follow-up of questions.
• Produce, maintain and enhance all liquidity related documentation in accordance to the internal control requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
• CPA designation is considered a nice to have
• Between 3 to 5 years of financial accounting experience, preferably within the Financial Services Industries
• Experience in project development
• Basic knowledge of the Liquidity Coverage Ratio (US and EU) and Banking related products
• Experience in finance control environment
• Excellent Excel skills, VBA and SQL highly preferred
• Financing activities and basic capital market products knowledge
• Bilingual (French and English)
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Organized, curious, thorough and detailed oriented
• Ability to investigate and analyze large data sets
• Team player, flexible and pragmatic
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
• Professional posture to develop and maintain key relationships with the other stakeholders in the Finance Regional Group.
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site - please contact us by email canada_recrutement [at] ca.bnpparibas (dot) com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **