Assistant-Vice-President, Finance Liquidity Reporting
• Head of liquidity reporting
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Liquidity Analyst will be part of the liquidity team whose responsibility widens from the reconciliation of the accounting data with the liquidity data to the production of various regulatory liquidity reports for both European and United States regulators.
The Analyst will be required to build a strong expertise on liquidity reporting and on the banking business model as a whole, in order to navigate across a number of specific subjects, largely to improve regulatory reporting, but also internal reporting to management.
• Production of regulatory reporting concerning liquidity topics (e.g. FR 2052a, Liquidity Balance Sheets, Liquidity Coverage Ratio, etc), including the posting of manual adjustments, maintenance of the controls documentation, variance analysis and interpretation of the data.
• Regular monitoring of the CUSO/IHC Liquidity Balance Sheet, including the investigation and explain of variances in business activities for management reporting.
• Active participation in the design, enhancement, development and testing of a wide range of automation solutions.
• Perform ad hoc investigations around liquidity mappings, representation of data and sporadic data issues and liaise with the appropriate business and functional teams in order to gain insight
• Report on a timely manner any data, mapping and/or reporting gaps either coming from a reconciliation process issue, IT technical issue or a need for updated procedure around the maintenance of static mapping.
• Provide assistance in responding to questions from senior management by ensuring prompt resolution and follow-up of questions
• Produce, maintain and enhance all liquidity related documentation in accordance to the internal control requirements
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• 5+ years of financial accounting experience, preferably within Financial Services Industries
• Experience in project development
• Knowledge of the Liquidity Coverage Ratio (US and EU) and Banking related products
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting, or both, CPA a plus; Advanced degree preferred
• Excellent Excel skills, VBA and SQL highly preferred
• Financing Activities and Capital Market Products knowledge
• Bilingual (French and English)
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Organized, curious, thorough and detailed oriented
• Ability to investigate and analyze large data sets
• Team player, flexible and pragmatic
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
• Professional posture to develop and maintain key relationships with the other stakeholders in the Finance Regional Group.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.