In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2022. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
The mission of the Americas Legal Department is to provide comprehensive, effective and efficient legal support to the CIB business. In this capacity, the Americas Legal Department advises on a broad range of legal matters for the entities within its scope, including providing legal advice to management, business and the functions with respect to commercial and own account activities, and contributing to the Bank’s influence on applicable legislative or market wide regulatory initiatives. The team provides legal and regulatory watch and maintains a legal risk management framework, including associated procedures and controls.
Finance & Process support, including but not limited to:
- External vendor and spend management
- Responsible for analyzing, tracking and reporting outside counsel spend
- Monitor application of referral to outside counsel’s procedures to ensure accurate reporting metrics
- Implement strategic cost savings initiatives and drive solution based results on challenging vendor activities
- Establish and actively support vendor / client relationship to ensure service standards are met
- Work closely with relevant parties on third party risk management process related to all aspects of on-boarding new and existing vendors, to the extent necessary
- Complete initial questionnaire due diligence as required by vendor management system
- Responsible for coordinating responses received and ensuring timely updates are uploaded and escalated
- Work closely with vendor on remedial action plan
- Manage and assist in ad-hoc projects linked to the Americas Legal department strategic priorities
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
Minimum required qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Organization skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, sense of urgency and attention to detail (time management)
- Work well in a fast paced environment, and adapt to changing demands
- Work across the organization as required and maintain high standards of professionalism in all dealings with team members and internal/external clients
- Strong Technical Skills:
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook….)
- Preferred: 2+ years of law firm or in-house legal and operations management support experience
- Knowledge of basic financial terms, concepts and accounting principles
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, is based outside of Quebec and Canada, our positions require employees to speak another language than French – being English for most positions; other languages such as Spanish or Portuguese may be also specifically required and such will be clearly mentioned in the requirements of the position;
- All BNP Paribas employees in Canada must be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19 on the date of hire, unless exempt for a reason protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2022
- Women in Governance – Parity certified - Silver certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **