At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference... Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
... Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
The mission of the Americas Legal Department is to provide comprehensive, effective and efficient legal support to the CIB and BOTW businesses. In this capacity, the Americas Legal Department advises on a broad range of legal matters for the entities within its scope, including providing legal advice to management, business and the functions with respect to commercial and own account activities, and contributing to the Bank’s influence on applicable legislative or market wide regulatory initiatives. The team provides legal and regulatory watch and maintains a legal risk management framework, including associated procedures and controls.
Finance & Process support, including but not limited to:
- External vendor and spend management
- Responsible for analyzing, tracking and reporting outside counsel spend
- Monitor application of referral to outside counsel’s procedures to ensure accurate reporting metrics
- Implement strategic cost savings initiatives and drive solution based results on challenging vendor activities
- Establish and actively support vendor / client relationship to ensure service standards are met
- Work closely with relevant parties on third party risk management process related to all aspects of on-boarding new and existing vendors, to the extent necessary
- Complete initial questionnaire due diligence as required by vendor management system
- Responsible for coordinating responses received and ensuring timely updates are uploaded and escalated
- Work closely with vendor on remedial action plan
- Manage ad-hoc projects linked to the Americas Legal department strategic priorities
Minimum required qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred: 4+ years of operations management support experience
- Strong Technical Skills:
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook….)
- Oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Organization skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, sense of urgency and attention to detail (time management)
- Innovative and adept at assessing process improvement
- Experience with client and/or vendor relationship management
- Work well in a fast paced environment, and adapt to changing demands
- Work across the organization as required and maintain high standards of professionalism in all dealings with team members and internal/external clients
- Knowledge of basic financial terms, concepts and accounting principles
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site - please contact us by email canada_recrutement [at] ca.bnpparibas (dot) com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **