Within BNP Paribas Securities Services Sucursal en España, and under the supervision of, and reporting to, the Local Head of
Legal of BP2S branch in Madrid:
1.Provide legal support to existing business/client lines of BP2S Spain and any new local or global activity (including issuing legal analyses, legal advices and review/validation of legal documentation);
In this respect the candidate may:
a) Take an active part in the negotiation and establishment of agreements for new clients or new deals with existing clients (support sales and relationship managers in their commercial negotiations, or directly engage the counterparty legal advisors to resolve technical issues);
b) Design, draft and validate template agreements and ensure that those are consistent by BP2S legal department guidelines and/or standards, if any;
c) Maintain the standard legal documentation up to date by including regulatory changes, and regularly present to products, sales and relationship management teams of BP2S Spain , operations the impacts of those changes;
d) Actively participate to the definition and implementation of new product/service by BP2S Spain ;
e) Manage cross-border files negotiations or legal issues in liaison with BP2S legal teams in other locations;
f) Keep up to date with regulatory and legal environment and apply required changes to the BP2S Spain activities and framework; and
g) Participate to consistency/practice groups set by the BP2S legal department to manage consistency or cross-border issues.
2. In accordance with BP2S Legal department procedures and policies assist BP2S branch in Spain, in the field of and manage any pre-litigation or litigation matters related to BP2S Spain services, to the exclusion of matters related to tax, HR and financial crime;
3. Assist in the field of local corporate events and own account transactions (acquisition of business or companies) in collaboration with the Corporate Development department of BP2S or BNPP;
4. Provide reporting to the Head of Legal of BP2S Spain;
5. Work with external legal service providers;
6. Participate in the regulatory watch for BP2S Madrid branch, as relevant;
7. Work in cooperation with the Transversal Legal team in BP2S Legal Head Office including in relation to: corporate matters, IT/procurement, regulatory changes etc
8. Work in cooperation with local (territory) legal team, where relevant and foster good relationships with local territory legal team
-Degree in Law (preferably in Spain).
-Degree or master in business administration and/or studies/specialization in financial markets/banking, although not strictly required, would be a plus which shall be taken into consideration.
-Knowledge of financial markets, and on European Funds regulation.
-Strong communication skills in Spanish (native) and English.
-Ability to work under pressure in certain circumstances.
-Proactivity and flexibility.
Editores Términos y condiciones Política de privacidad Búsquedas actuales: vías urinarias, logger, clima cálido, push back, educador social, exempt from, tenazas, laundry, escherichia coli, fee owner, como hasta ahora, glowing, echale un vistazo, blogger, un localBúsquedas más frecuentes en el diccionario español: 1-200, -1k, -2k, -3k, -4k, -5k, -7k, -10k , -20k, -40k, -100k, -200k, -500k, -1000k
Búsquedas más frecuentes en el diccionario inglés: 1-200, -1k, -2k, -3k, -4k, -5k, -7k, -10k , -20k, -40k, -100k, -200k, -500k, -1000k
5 years of professional experience in a Legal Department, of a Financial Institution or in an Investment Services Company, ideally in the Security Services/ Custody/ Funds sector/industry, or in a Legal Firm, and working with national and foreign institutional clients (preferably investment banks, insurance companies and fund managers) (applications with less than 3 years shall not be considered)