In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
You will assist with the management of: (a) disputes (including claims both by and against the bank); and (b) legal aspects of regulatory enforcement matters, and (iii) matters pertaining to Legal Financial Security (LFS), in all cases across all aspects of the BNP Paribas Group’s business activities in Asia Pacific.
Working under the supervision of the Head of GDR APAC, you will be responsible for:
• Contributing to the defence of all matters falling under the GDR Charter;
• Contributing to the definition of the strategy of litigation pre-litigation and regulatory enforcement matters;
• Providing legal advice and coordinating with local Heads of Legal, or other lawyers, to ensure a smooth and orderly management of litigation, pre-litigation and regulatory enforcement matters;
• Assisting in the coordination and management of Legal Financial Security matters in coordination with the relevant stakeholders in support of the LFS correspondent for APAC or directly when required;
• Contributing to the adequate and timely reporting (including to Regional and Local Senior Management, the APAC General Counsel and the Global Head of GDR) on an ad-hoc basis and through SARA of all significant matters handled by or involving GDR APAC;
• Contributing in APAC, through the training of various constituencies (senior management, bankers, other risk control functions), pro-active communication of GDR related policies, procedures and guidelines and by other initiatives, to the development of a legal risk culture in relation to the activities of GDR ;
• Instructing and managing external legal counsel in accordance with the [Law Firm Policy] of BNP Paribas with a strong focus on quality and cost management (negotiation, monitoring, provisioning of legal fees);
• Providing advice, interacting and coordinating with lawyers from other GDR teams (including Head Office, London and New York) in relation to particular matters, projects or the works of the Legal Practice Group;
• Keeping abreast of key legal and / or regulatory developments in relation to litigation or regulatory enforcement across APAC or affecting BNP Paribas globally;
• Contributing to the drafting of procedures, policies and guidelines affecting or related to the activities of GDR in APAC in particular.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
1. Knowledge of the litigation, arbitration and regulatory landscape, and awareness of current developments in the same;
2. Financial services experience, including an awareness of complex financial products;
3. Team player with the ability to adapt to, interact and coordinate efficiently with colleagues and other stakeholders in a multicultural / multijurisdictional environment;
4. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to approach issues critically and commercially;
5. Ability to manage own workload and to drive matters forward proactively in a collegial environment;
6. Excellent command of written and spoken English, including the ability to: (i) communicate effectively with legal and non-legal professionals; and (ii) draft correspondence and provide advice with the highest degree of precision and fluency.
Specific Qualifications Required
1. Qualification as a lawyer in a common law jurisdiction (PQE of 5-7 years) with relevant commercial dispute resolution and/or contentious regulatory experience, from an international law firm or a major financial institution
2. Fluent in written and spoken Chinese (Mandarin and/or Cantonese) [would be an advantage]
3. Contentious insolvency or debt recovery experience would be an advantage