In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Overall Job Purpose
Provide legal, advisory and transaction execution support to Global Markets and ALM Treasury in relation to the use of the BNPP securities issuance programmes and third party programmes in order to help them achieve their business objectives whilst minimising legal and documentation risk.
• Preparation of programme securities issuance documentation to a high standard (which may be BNPP EMTNs, Notes, Warrants or Certificates as well as third-party MTNs).
• Management of the closing process in respect of securities issuances.
• Advisory support (in general and in respect of particular specialisms) to the MTN Desk, ALM Treasury and business areas in APAC that wish to issue programme securities.
• Ensuring that all advice and documentation is of a high quality, efficiently provided and manages legal risk in accordance with prevailing CIB Legal standards.
• Follow consistently and build upon any relevant guidance and training provided by managers or other parts of CIB Legal.
• Where necessary instruct and interact with outside counsel to promote high quality and cost-efficient external legal services.
• Training or advising new joiners and junior members of the team.
• Working collaboratively with other team members to ensure workload is well-managed.
• Keep up to date with market and regulatory developments and share knowledge with relevant areas of the business, across the legal teams globally and with other functions as appropriate; assist with assessing the impact of regulatory and market infrastructure changes and developing new processes to deal with such changes.
• Implement any new regulatory standards affecting documentation as directed.
• Work on specific projects in relation to the programmes, new products or securities issuance in general as directed by the manager.
• Assist with the annual update of BNPP programmes.
• Shared responsibility with other SIG team members for ensuring issuance workload is executed or referred.
• Share information and know-how within the SIG team and assist less experienced members.
• Where appropriate, assist, involve and communicate with other internal functions and other teams within the CIB Legal on projects and other matters originated by them.
• Develop a group team spirit within CIB Legal through mutual support and effective internal communication.
• Observe and embody the BNP Paribas Group values.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
• Experience working with MTN, note, warrant and certificate programmes, including some derivatives experience, will be essential.
• Outgoing personality, capable of working both autonomously and as part of a cross-disciplinary and cross-border team.
• This role requires accuracy, numeracy, attention to detail and logical thinking.
Specific Qualifications Required
• 2+ years’ experience in a securities department of one of the major international law firms specializing in MTN/certificates product area or in a legal/ transaction management role covering bonds, notes, warrants and/or certificates issuance in an international bank.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English.