At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for administering Bank wide leave of absence processes. Acts as primary liaison between Payroll, external vendors, employees, and third party administrator. Ensures adherence to all state and federal laws in conjunction with Bank policies.
Essential Job Functions
- Calculates wages, including any applicable disability offsets, for team members on leave of absence and provides the information to payroll.
- Calculates correct paid parental leave wage according to Bank policy
- Verifies pay entries for team members on leave of absence to ensure they are paid correctly
- Adjust paid absence and vacation time accruals as necessary to ensure team members on leave are properly accruing any time earned.
- Creates manual check request forms for team members on leave of absence, as needed
- Answers incoming calls from employees regarding leave of absence related payments
- Resolves and processes payroll related problems in an accurate and efficient manner. Coordinates problem resolutions by identifying issues and involving all appropriate partners.
- Keeps abreast of all new state or federal regulations impacting LOA status. Maintains full knowledge of all department policies and procedures as well as changing plan guidelines to ensure accurate and effective communication with employees,
Other Job Functions
- May review, monitor, and track all reported leave of absences using internal and external applications, ensuring that all affected employees are properly classified.
- May act as liaison for internal and external communications on all leave of absences ensuring that all business partners (internal and external) are properly notified of all issues.
- May monitor third party vendor reports to ensure information is reconciled with Bank HR information. Updates Bank systems to reflect proper information if data is not reconciled.
- May answer incoming calls from employees regarding a variety of Benefits or Leave of Absence related issues such as health care provider information, health care coverage and payroll deductions and long term and short disability insurance.
- May report and track all external leaves (STD & LTD) and life insurance claims and makes certain that all necessary documentation is distributed and/or received.
- May assist management in resolving employee complaints, compliance audits and lawsuits. Researches complete LOA history to ensure Bank compliance and data integrity.
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 3 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- General knowledge of state and federal FMLA laws and regulations.
- General knowledge of health and welfare programs.
- General knowledge HR processes, procedures, and policies.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Human Resources