LEAN Project Manager
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The main objective of the SMART Working unit is to support the COO Office in the following initiatives:
- Improve working conditions to form a more flexible and more competitive group with improved morale
- Provide a step-change in operational performance
- Develop and deploy best practice managerial skills
- Provide a transformational experience for those on the programme
- Implement a continuous improvement culture
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and execute organizational/operational improvements on specific projects using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Coordinate and execute specific aspects of the project: Reporting, stakeholder management, change management, resolving issues and ensuring high quality of deliverables
- Support Operational teams in developing their future design and in implementing improvements
- Own the transformation for specific dimensions, taking the lead in facilitating improvements in that area
- Evolve the toolsets and best practices and contribute to the development of the overall lean team
- Support continuous improvement activity and business improvement projects with teams who have already been through a Lean transformation
- Within the project frame is accountable for meeting project deadlines and budgets and reaching projects’ expected results.
- Minimum bachelor degree in Finance, Business Management, Engineering or Information Technology
- 4 years of experience in leading and coaching Lean and Six Sigma initiatives
- Six Sigma Green belt / Black belt Certification (mandatory)
- Experience in Project Management (preferable)
- Experience in data analysis and keeping KPIs
- Positive and enthusiastic team player in an international environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work cross-functionally, interfacing well with all management to help them change
- A good coach, capable of encouraging and motivating people
- Fluent in English (mandatory)
- Lean or Six Sigma Training (mandatory)
- Project/Program Mgmt - Change Management
- Project/Program Mgmt - Process Reengineering
- Project/Program Mgmt - Business Analysis
- Project/Program Mgmt - Stakeholder Management
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.