At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference... Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
... Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
About the Department
Some activities of BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking are organized in a “follow the sun” operating model between the three regions: Asia Pacific, Americas and Europe Middle East Africa. The teams located in these three regions ensure 24x7 uninterrupted operations, in line with the variety of business hours and business days around the globe.
In the Core Banking domain of CIB Global Banking entity, Atlas2 is a multi-platform / multi-countries / multi-processes application.
The Follow-the-Sun support model implementation is progressing on Atlas2 and its petals, including its Infocentre necessitating the creation of the AMERICAS Hub, located in Montreal.
The Team will offer Level 0 to Level 2 support services from Montreal as part of the IT Production Canada platform, in a Global support model. The ITP Canada platform is looking for a suitably qualified, well organized, dynamic and highly motivated individual to lead the Americas Atlas 2 and related Application Production Support Follow-The-Sun team.
The Team will support a number of critical applications, which are under high-availability constraints. These services range from providing technical and functional support to the in scope activities. This Team will have focal attention of the Regional and Global Management and its success is crucial for the Business. IT Production Canada is looking for a suitable candidate to lead this FTS team in Montreal.
The IT APS will report to the Team Leader for Application Production Support.
- Drive internal and business user related service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
- Lead ongoing transformation and continuous process improvement initiates to improve quality, mitigate operational risk and optimize expense
- Oversee and evaluate customer feedback to develop quality improvement processes
- Engage key stakeholders including IT and Business to discuss exceptions and issues, while providing consistent and regular communications.
- Identify KPI and reporting needs across Core Banking IT and streamline KPIs. Generate scorecards/ dashboards for management and business reporting.
- Manage escalations related to Production across applications and drive stakeholder communications
- Be the Key single point of contact for Global teams for related subjects
- Identify and institutionalize key Governance requirements (meeting cadences, governance committees, etc.)
- Oversee APS Audit, Risk and Controls framework development and BAU assessments
- Prioritize and provide oversight for CTB and RTB initiatives related to productivity, cost and efficiency improvements
- Participate in organization of operating committee meetings to report on activities and put forth issues/ challenges w.r.t production support.
- Coordinate Service delivery, disaster recovery (DR) and IT Continuity activities; ensure process adherence and alignment with group mandated/ OPC guidelines, including other IT Security related matters.
Required Experience / Skills
- Minimum of 10 years of experience on development, support and/or project management role.
- Experience on the ATLAS 2 offer (the Core, infocentre, Orion and other related petals) will be preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in leadership in technical roles
- Exposure to (leadership experience preferred) broad, diversified, multidimensional and highly geographically dispersed teams of varying size and complexity
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the financial services industry, banking or capital markets
- Strong knowledge of finance & accounting processes, cash management, and financial & managerial reporting
- Knowledge in ITIL processes/practices/ methods as well as designing and implementing IT Services. Key areas include: Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management, Software Asset Management, Service Catalog / Portfolio Management.
- Ability to multi-task and support complex issues in a mixed technology environment within a matrix organization
- Extensive experience transitioning complex end-to-end IT Service Management within multi-vendor environment
- Excellent written, oral communication, collaboration and project management (around migration projects) skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing multi-cultural global teams, interacting with and managing stakeholder expectations
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of CMMI ( Capability Maturity Model Integration)
- Knowledge of ITIL processes/practices/ methods as well as designing and implementing IT Services
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site - please contact us by email canada_recrutement [at] ca.bnpparibas (dot) com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **