In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
Placed under the direct authority of the CEO of BNP Paribas, Inspection Générale gives the organisation an assurance of the degree of control it has over its operations. The assignment, organisation, powers and responsibilities of the internal audit of the BNP Paribas Group are set out in the Charter of responsibilities of the Function, pursuant to the applicable regulations and international audit standards. Inspection Générale performs periodic risk-based reviews of the Business, Operations and Functions to help management to identify, measure, monitor and control risks in the bank.
The Inspection Générale HUB APAC, has a permanent presence of over 100 auditors covering 13 territories.
A primary focus for this position will be to lead audit execution covering end-to-end processes of auditable entities within the IT and Cybersecurity Inspection Generale APAC team. This individual will work closely with audit assignment team members to complete each phase of the audit. This will entail documenting walk-throughs of in-scope processes; assessing the sufficiency and suitability of controls to mitigate risks; developing audit procedures; testing the operating effectiveness and sustainability of controls; and drafting findings and associated recommendations to address identified gaps in the control environment. This individual will have regular interactions with team members, process / control owners, and management of business units. Based on experience, this role will entail leading audits.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to execute assigned audit procedures accurately, timely, and with minimal supervision.
- Leads audit planning/scoping, evaluating, testing, and reporting.
- Contributes to the completion of continuous monitoring activities for assigned auditable entities and escalates matters that may impact the timing of the next audit assignments.
- Prepares and updates risk assessments for assigned auditable entities for supervisory review.
- Validates the sufficiency and suitability of business corrective actions to address audit recommendations for supervisory review.
- Exhibits effective written and verbal communication skills with all levels of management.
- Possesses an understanding of audit, risk, compliance, banking, and/or product knowledge.
- Executes audit work in accordance with BNPP Inspection Generale policies and procedures.
- May be asked to direct the work of more junior staff members on the audit assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of banking functions typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Strong expertise in Cybersecurity (IT security hands-on experience is a plus)
- Strong technical background in IT activities (including IT production / IT systems expertise)
- Curiosity, rigor, and precision.
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Ability to Lead
- Excellent writing and presentation skills (in English)
- High level of initiative, commitment, and drive
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and within short deadlines
- Promotes a constructive, cooperative, and participative teamwork environment
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Possess a Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Information Technology/ Management Information System / Computer Science and related discipline;
- Not less than 10 years of experience in external auditing / internal auditing / IT / risk / compliance / internal control / operations in the financial services industry.
- Professional Qualification/Certification: in Audit, e.g. CISA (Certified Information System Audit), other IT knowledge: Cybersecurity (e.g CISSP, CISM, CCSP/CCSK, CEH…), IT Service Management (ITIL foundation).