BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
CIB Analytics Consulting (AC) consists of 60 people based in Paris, and Lisbon. Reporting to the CIB Chief Data Officer, Analytics Consulting is an in-house center of expertise on Data, Analytics and Artificial Intelligence. It is at the forefront of the data transformation of BNP Paribas CIB and the team is constantly evolving. It helps internal entities (primarily CIB) better understand and use internal & external data. It offers dashboarding, advanced analytics capabilities and AI applications to its internal clients in response to their business needs.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Lead Full Stack Developer will coordinate a team of software developers working on a wide range of modern web and artificial intelligence projects. He/She will design, develop, modify and support in-house applications, working hand-in-hand with the data scientists and developers of the Analytics Consulting team.
- Lead the Application Delivery Team into building full stack web applications and APIs that deliver Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning solutions to end users.
- Analyse, design, coordinate and supervise the development of web applications and APIs.
- Estimate software development work effort in agile projects.
- Guarantee the accurate development of projects against business requirements.
- Contribute to define and disseminate software development best practices and the use of continuous integration practices.
- Develop technical and user documentation.
- Ensure proper usage of state-of-the-art frameworks (e.g. React, …) and advise on the adoption of new architectures and technologies.
- Build efficient, testable and reusable components.
- Contribute to the positive team dynamics by helping team members grow as professionals on an open, creative and healthy working environment.
- Experience as a software developer (5+ years minimum experience).
- Experience leading development teams (Architecture, code reviews, technical guidance etc).
- Understand software development principles and technology with the ability to guide other developers & collaborate on technical information with various teams.
- Solid experience of backend development languages e.g. Java, Go
- Experience of web API, REST API including API lifecycle management
- Experience in applying Agile methodologies to projects with high added value
- Knowledge of Python programming language.
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools (pref. Jenkins, Git)
- Familiarity with containerization tools and methodologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, …)
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (pref. Ansible or equivalent)
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance (User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Team spirit
- Leadership attitude
- Capacity for collaboration and communication
- Capacity for creativity and innovation
- Adaptability and initiative spirit
- Master's degree or higher degree in Information Technology or Computer Engineering or related field
- Fluent English
- French and Portuguese are a plus
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.