L2 Support IT Analyst - Market Data Application
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
To provide support for Market Data systems regionally in Asia Pacific, including day to day monitoring and issue resolution, capacity and monitoring, and management of ad-hoc tasks and projects assigned by project management and Infrastructure management
Specific duties/accountability include but are not limited to:
• 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support calls for market data systems (RMDS/TREP platform, Bloomberg, Infocast, Eikon, …) installed in Asia Pacific
• Reporting outages to management and internal customers promptly and accurately.
• Delivery of Mandatory Exchange & Vendor upgrades & tests as assigned.
• Capacity, Resiliency & Monitoring of Location & Regional Infrastructure.
• Incidents, Problems and Changes management.
• Escalating complex issues to Market Data lead where delay will impact business/reputation.
• Proactively updating documentation and procedures to resolve inefficiencies in the operating environment.
• Identification and resolution of system monitoring gaps (Geneos)
• Test, Validation and Deployment of Market Data products/infrastructure in Asia Pacific
• Prompt remediation of all breaks
• Maintaining non-trading day/holiday calendars.
• Distribution of Vendor Exchange Notifications.
• Morning Health checks
• Representing the team on P1 Bridges & Troubleshooting calls.
• Vendors Incident Tracking
• Ensuring technical standards are met, within the Market Data infrastructure and its client applications.
• Ensuring proper risk management and remediation procedures are in place
• Designing solutions to meet the business requirements
• Managing projects as assigned
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
Essential Technical Knowledge/Skills:
• Fluent English (read, spoken, written). French is a plus
• Refinitiv Product Suite
- TREP Infrastructure components (advanced)
- Data Routing (advanced)
- Contributions (advanced)
- Eikon (intermediate)
- API, RFA (basic)
- Entitlements (DACS) (intermediate)
- RDF-D (basic)
- Messenger (intermediate)
- Eikon (advanced)
• Bloomberg (Basic)
- Contributions (intermediate)
- Data Distributions (intermediate)
- APIs (basic)
- B-PIPE (intermediate)
• Other Products (Basic)
• ITRS Geneos (intermediate)
• RHEL 7.x administration and scripting skills (intermediate)
• Network skills (intermediate)
• General awareness of industry trends/offerings
Essential non-Technical Knowledge/Skills:
• Excellent documentation skills
• Sense of responsibility and of quality of service
• Autonomy, organization
• Financial knowledge of Forex, Fixed Income and Equity markets
• Exposition to multi-cultural environment (SG, HK, JP, FR, UK, IN)
• Mature and independent with good communication skills
• Analytical, detail-oriented and self-motivated
• Risk and security aware
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Team player
Specific Qualifications Required
• At least 5 years’ experience in a complex IT infrastructure environment
• At least 5 years’ experience with market data and/or Dealing Room environment
• Experience in an investment banking-focus business
• Experience in at least 2 technologies and 2 environments listed above.
• Experience in a multicultural environment, split over multiple locations
• Experience in managing projects
• ITIL trained
Knowledge of / Experience within the BNP Paribas Group environment is a plus