One KYC Technical Lead
Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
“BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships”.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
Develop and maintain IT systems at heart of “Know Your Customer (KYC)” ensuring due diligence, tax and regulatory compliance during the entire CIB client life cycle. Platform responsible for client onboarding, documentation, data distribution, capturing audit trails and being golden source. Application resides in the core model of the CLM IT and provides front to back connectivity within the various client onboarding platforms.
Within BNP Paribas CIB ITO Digital Banking, the One KYC team is in charge of a new coherent multi-Pole repository of standardized KYC data and documents to be shared across the Bank for all Corporate Clients belonging to business groups spanning multiple sites.
CLM - IT
Business Line / Function:
CLM / Transversal
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
· Hands-on experience in Design, Develop and Deliver integration solutions using technologies like C# and .Net framework, Visual studio OR
· Hands-on experience in Design, Develop and Deliver integration solutions using technologies like JAVA
· Technically support a team of up to 2 developers on their challenges.
· Core development in JAVA or C#, .Net
· Take responsibility of overall delivery in One KYC perimeter.
· Take ownership of POCs and technical feasibility studies.
· Participate in requirements analysis/ Sizing/ Technical Feasibility workshop/ PoC
· Translate application storyboards and user stories into tasks to be implemented
· Design new components and suggest improvements in current architecture
· Propose solutions that focus on client experience and responsiveness.
· Produce high quality code, perform code reviews and mentor team of developers.
· Help maintain code quality, organization and automation
· Integrate data storage solutions in Oracle databases
· Collaborate with internal teams to produce software solution design and architecture
· Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
· Keep up-to-date with latest technologies, trends and provide inputs, expertise and recommendations as required on the project
· Effort estimation, capacity planning, prioritization, reporting to management
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Must to have
· Hands on and strong knowledge of JAVA or C#, .Net
· Experience with popular web application frameworks
· Strong knowledge of database engineering with Oracle, PL/SQL, stored proc
· Strong knowledge around REST APIs
· Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
· Strong knowledge of various design and architectural patterns, concurrency patterns
· Good Skill for writing reusable libraries
· Good skill for retro-engineering
· Good knowledge around continuous delivery, TFS, Sonar, and environment configuration
· Good knowledge around pub/sub IBM MQ technologies, Tomcat, Elastic Search, Drools, Apache
· Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
· Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
· Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
· Proactive and provide technical direction to the team
· Strong written & verbal communication skills
· Results-oriented, team player and self-motivated with a strong initiative to deliver
Good to have
· Understanding of Design principles and best practices
· Experience in Development Methodology (Agile, SCRUM).
· Previous experience in technically leading the team.
· Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
· Angular JS 4, REACT is a real added value
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· JAVA or C#,.Net framework
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)