KYC Sr Project Manager II
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are currently seeking qualified, motivated talent to be responsible for the research, coordination and management of assigned projects for our KYC program. Scope of projects may include (but is not limited to) simplifying processes, improving efficiencies, and addressing issues arising from changing business needs, compliance issues, installation or coordination of emerging technologies, new systems and applications etc. for the bank’s KYC Application Suite. Acts as primary point of contact, information hub, and escalation point for projects within an assigned function for all stakeholders including all functional departments, Clients, and Third Party Suppliers. Cost/financial impact generally under $5MM.
- Plays the Scrum Master role for 4 Agile teams in the KYC program
- Provides Technical and Functional oversight to the KYC teams and helps drive delivery.
- Coordinates activities with teams across the enterprise to deliver KYC releases impacting multiple lines of businesses.
- Establishes and conducts meetings to communicate expectations, project roles, status updates, track open issues, and work with all groups and clients to resolve issues as required.
- Scopes project and develops Implementation Project Plan and Change Control process for distribution to project participants.
- Gathers and reports project costing, identifies risks and develops risk mitigation plans. Develops measurable project goals and objectives and monitors progress toward achievement.
- Drives implementation consistency and quality through execution of project management best practices. Responsible for the project until deliverables are completed.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path items while ensuring project quality and utilizing and following appropriate methodologies.
- Develops detailed project plans including documentation, testing and executing protocol, tasks, budgets, and timelines.
- Leads project post mortems and communicates lessons learned in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Recommends policies and procedures that are consistent with overall company policies and operating objectives.
- Assist in managing function's efforts to meet compliance requirements.
- Advises on milestones as needed for reporting to appropriate management levels and communicates budget and status milestones as defined for the project.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Requires strong understanding of banking domain and KYC functions.
- Deep understanding of risk models, service based architecture and high availability systems a must.
- Strong understanding of Customer Onboarding and Servicing Journeys desirable.
- Ability to work with drive software delivery for multiple teams and collaborate and influence teams across the bank.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Masters in Computers or equivalent degree
- PMP Certification
- CSM Certification
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Deep domain knowledge of Banking, Compliance, BSA/AML, KYC, Sanctions.
- Expert in Scaled Agile.
- Recognizes project issues and concerns requiring resolution in a timely and professional manner and addresses them with management and appropriate staff members.
- Prepares documentation defining policies to be established with management’s approval, providing supporting documentation and specifications as needed.
- Schedules and conduct status meetings with involved staff and management, to ensure timely completion of project tasks and addressing and resolving problems that could prevent timely completion of the project.
- Prepares, provides and communicates progress reports on project status for staff and management review.
- Represents function as a team member on project teams lead by other departments and divisions.
- Provides support to project team by attending project meetings, responding to assigned tasks when due and providing management with regular updates on the project’s progress.
- Provide expertise in controls design and assessment.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the area of risk and controls.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.