At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The KYC Recertification Manager will be responsible for taking a lead role in ensuring that the assigned business policies, procedures, and practices align with Bank of the West 1st line of defense operational risks and compliance requirements for recertification. As a leader, this individual will be responsible for 5+ teams performing alert monitoring and recertification as a part of greater KYC Operations that align with bank values and best practices. The overall objective of this role is to drive the development and management of a dedicated internal KYC Recertification Program at Bank of the West.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assess issues of potential non-compliance and provide recommendations to senior leadership involving resolution and implementation of improved controls for Recertification.
- Review, identify and drive internal process improvements, including team metrics, the centralization and automation of functions in order to create efficiencies and achieve data consistency ensuring 1st LOD and BNPP requirements are met.
- Discuss and escalate issues surrounding client types and structures, financial products and services, and other AML risk-related issues to respective teams in Compliance, Operational Risk and Permanent Control.
- Responsible for documentation, training and knowledge transferred to new and existing employees and contractor resources.
- Provide thorough communication to cross-functional teams within Compliance, Operation Controls, and Governance, Lines of Business and KYC Ops- Recertification Teams to ensure continuous training, collaboration, and efficiency of internal processes
- Provide focus and clarity in establishing individual goals, driving performance, supporting career development and rewarding individual and team success; cultivating a cross functional and international mindset that is client centric.
- Ensure filed and customer communication aligns with Bank of the West customer experience and procedural expectations.
- Coordinates the production and distribution of work assignments.
- Work with the assigned Business Groups affected by changes related to laws, regulations or policies to ensure that appropriate changes are implemented.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires 10+ years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Previous BSA/AML/KYC experience in financial services industry preferred.
- General knowledge of Compliance, Operational Risk and Permanent Control.
- Strong people management skills with a proven track record of mentoring and coaching to achieve business objectives
- Strong sense of accountability and decisiveness
- Excellent organizational, project/program management skills with proven experience driving large, dynamic programs with a sense of urgency
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including high proficiency with Power Point and other presentation formats
- Extremely strong influencing skills; an ability to build/create support and buy-in across a wide range of stakeholders at multiple organizational levels
- Able to promote a culture of collaboration and teamwork across functional and organizational boundaries to optimize results
- Expertise in strategy execution and insight-driven quantitative and qualitative analysis, with a demonstrated ability to drive the achievement of strategic results
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.