KYC Quality Assurance Analyst
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial an optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity and environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for performing and documenting all applicable customer verification processes related to the assigned business function and the communication and resolution of findings and other issues. Anticipates and implements changes to the testing plans as a result of changes in the Bank's business environment including regulatory changes. Analyzes the customer due diligence process and methodology to identify patterns and trends, and communicates with management to ensure that risks are adequately identified and addressed.
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts customer due diligence and high risk reviews according to the bank’s BSA/AML policy and procedures.
- Ensures that decisions to retain or exit a customer relationship align with supporting documentation submitted for each high risk customer type, and with appropriate research conducted during the high risk review process. Implements, performs and documents assigned customer verification reviews; performs and conducts compliance screening for PEP, sanctions and adverse news based on detailed procedures and processes. Identifies issues, escalates to management for resolution and formally documents findings.
- Communicates customer review results to management and business partners. Prepares and presents written report of high risk reviews, including results and recommendation for customer onboarding, closure or retention. Decisions.
- Identifies areas of risk and make recommendations on operational improvements, processes for compliance, quality assurance and any additional training essential to mitigate risk. Seeks ways to assist the Bank in strengthening customer due diligence, remain compliant and improve efficiency.
- Researches and analyzes testing results or issues, training, reads literature in order to become more knowledgeable about current banking, regulatory and audit issues, and performs other tasks as necessary to carry out daily responsibilities; maintains expertise in areas of testing.
- Performs research, participates in training, and reads literature in order to become more knowledgeable about current business and issues related to assigned area(s).
- Receives and analyzes monitoring and testing results from testing performed on related controls from business unit compliance officers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Bank field Relationship Managers and/or Retail Branch contacts.
High School Diploma or Bachelor's Degree
Thorough knowledge of Customer Identification Procedure (CIP) requirements
Thorough knowledge of customer verification processing
Thorough knowledge of BOW commercial deposit account procedures as they apply to account opening processes and requirements
Thorough knowledge of industry relevant software used for analysis
Analytical and research skills
Excellent written and verbal communication
Ability to perform independently with a minimum of supervision
Good organizational skills
Good to presentation skills
Excellent PC skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, and related software
Experience with customer outreach, telephone etiquette, and ability to establish rapport with customers by phone.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.