KYC Operations- Site Manager
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for taking a lead role in ensuring that the assigned business unit policies, procedures and practices align with BoW 1st line of defense Op Risks and Compliance requirements:
Essential Job Functions:
- Role serves as site manager for 5 teams performing Remediation and Recertification functions as part of RBG Plus KYC Operations in alignment with bank values of We Work Together, We Develop, We Innovate and We Care.
- Ensure field and customer communication align with Bank of the West customer experience and procedure expectations.
- To coordinate the production and distribution of processes, procedures/policies and make sure of their compliance with 1st LOD requirements and BNPP as well.
- To work with the assigned Business Group affected by changing laws, regulations or policies to ensure that appropriate changes are implemented.
- To coordinate the risks identification and action plan follow-up.
- To coordinate the writing and updating of procedures for the team.
- To identify and report/escalation alerts on issues related to Compliance, Operational Risk and Permanent Control.
- To work in close collaboration / Liaise with Compliance, Op Controls and Governance and Quality Assurance team.
- Disseminate and communicate all Compliance information, updates and requirements to the team and ensures continuous training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires 5- 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
High School Diploma or GED is required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field is required.
Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management.
Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Previous financial services industry BSA/AML experience preferred.
Ability to resolve problems and make rule-based decisions.
Experience managing large teams.
Ability to analyze and synthetize data.
General knowledge of Compliance, Operational Risk and Permanent Control.
Data analysis skills set.
Discretion / Confidentiality culture/ Leadership
Risk management capacities
Rigor and accuracy
Competence for synthesis
Capacity to report and inform
Ease for communication
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.