BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The KYC officer is one of the process stakeholders who intervenes in the client life cycle as part of the KYC Due Diligence.
Acting as a key stakeholder in the KYC data governance, the KYC officer is responsible for collecting the accessible information and documents required to identify and verify the identity of the clients, its UBOs and other related persons, in compliance with internal policies and guidelines.
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
1. Collection of information and documents
- Identifies the documents and information required to complete/ update the client KYC file according to the requested list of documents and covering multi-site requirement, if applicable
- Uses all available and validated sources to collect documentation & information required without client/ Relationship Manager involvement
2. Control & analysis of documents
- Ensures and validates that collected documents are consistent, valid and adequate with internal procedures/guidelines
- Extract from the documentation all requested information according to KYC policies
3. Documents upload and data capture
- Adequately upload and classify KYC documentation upon reception (at least the day of reception)
- Capture all requested KYC information in KYC systems
- Required level of education: Bachelor Degree in Finance, Banking, Law or related
- English is mandatory
- Knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Expertise with the AML/KYC regulatory requirements and stakes for financial institutions is a plus
- General financial knowledge (industry and products)
- General legal knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Quality oriented
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Good interpersonal skills
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.