At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for overseeing the efficient execution of centralized compliance functions and practices at the group or
corporate level. Identifies and remains abreast of laws, regulations and regulatory guidance related to a specific
regulation (i.e., AML, OFAC, Fair Lending, or other Banking regulation). Ensures centralized operational practices
are accurately documented in procedures to transparently demonstrate satisfaction of compliance rules. This
includes monitoring the compliance control process, all while ensuring that the business activities are performed in
accordance with applicable laws, regulations and best practices.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Manages a team of staff responsible for regulatory and/or program activities related to Bank regulations.
- Develops and provides MIS and reporting resulting from monitoring or program activities.
- Monitors and tracks recommendations for enhancements to policies, processes, procedures or controls from
external examinations, internal audits or compliance testing.
- Provides subject matter guidance to implement changes to polices, processes, procedures or
- Oversees projects or ongoing control process or continuous monitoring process relating to controls that ensure
compliance with one or more regulatory requirement
- Interacts with external examiners and coordinates with internal audit and Corporate Compliance Testing within
position’s area of focus.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EducationCorporate Compliance - BSA/AML
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with
understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization
- Manages staff of employees responsible for suspicious activity alert triage, suspicious activity case
investigations, suspicious activity reporting, currency transaction reporting, currency transaction reporting
exemption management, customer risk assessment, due diligence and enhanced due diligence, OFAC
- Responsible for managing the efficient execution of centralized compliance functions at a corporate level
relating specifically to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Office of Foreign Assets Control Sanctions (OFAC)
- The role also coordinates with business unit functions with regard to ensuring appropriate and accurate data
(both electronic and manual) is submitted timely to allow for (i) alerting and investigation of suspicious activity
(ii) detection and blocking or rejection of sanctioned transactions and (iii) reporting.
Banking Services Group (BSG)
- Formal Credit training from a major Commercial Bank
- Thorough knowledge of commercial lending, sales, and financial service needs of middle market and large
- Analytical and Research
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Coordinate events and Meetings
- Demonstrated Management skills
- Marketing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Planning and Organizing
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Ensuring Level 1 Controls related to Regulatory and Operational Risks within the line of business are defined
and executed. Methodologies for a permanent control framework in the line of business
- Leading the coordination with different bank compliance and internal control streams
- Policies and procedures
- Line of business entity and unit level compliance and operations control assessments
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of regular/special management reports on regulatory and operational
risk compliance and the department’s activities.
- Review/approve data compiled for analysis or dashboards
- Ensure staff maintains current knowledge of operational risk management and regulatory compliance
requirements for financial institutions
- Possesses a strong knowledge of industry best practices and systems
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-ThorntonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Risk Management