At Bank of the West, our people are
having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can
make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship
programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for
sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is
taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and
strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting
the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank
for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help
our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Provides support tasks for continuous enhancements of the Business Line 1st
line of defense set-up. Acts as a resource for Level 1 questions and issues
from the branch network arising from procedures and customer requirements
related to the bank's Know Your Customer program and policies.
Essential Job Functions
- Partners with the assigned Business Group affected by
changing laws, regulations or policies to ensure that appropriate changes
- Identify and report/escalate alerts on issues related
to “Know Your Customer” Compliance.
- May assist with dispositioning of new accounts in the
new customer on boarding process and preparation of new customer
documentation for escalation to the Customer Acceptance Committee.
- May perform various screenings related to PEP
(Politically Exposed Person, Sanctions or Adverse News).
- Follows established procedures/policies and ensures
Business Unit compliance with 1st Line of Defense and BNPP requirements.
Maintains current knowledge of related banking activities, operational
risk management and regulatory compliance requirements for financial
- Facilitates communication internally with branches to
collect required compliance documentation related to “Know Your Customer.”
Other Job Duties
- May assist with the management of account closure
process for KYC Operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant work
- Knowledge of industry relevant software used for
- Analytical and research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to perform independently with minimum
- Good organizational skills
- Good to presentation skills
- Excellent PC skills, including advanced knowledge of MS
Word, Excel, Access, and related
- Good knowledge of banking operational risk management
and industry practices, banking and related laws and regulations
- Good knowledge of bank operations activities, from both
a branch and centralized function aspect
- 1-3 years of Retail Banking a plus with opening new
Bank of the West is an Equal
Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all
job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of
the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-LittletonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Risk Management