At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Provides support tasks for continuous enhancements of the Business Line 1st line of defense set-up. Acts as a resource for Level 1 questions and issues from the branch network arising from procedures and customer requirements related to the bank's Know Your Customer program and policies.
Essential Job Functions
- Partners with the assigned Business Group affected by changing laws, regulations or policies to ensure that appropriate changes are implemented
- Identify and report/escalate alerts on issues related to “Know Your Customer” Compliance.
- May assist with dispositioning of new accounts in the new customer on boarding process and preparation of new customer documentation for escalation to the Customer Acceptance Committee.
- May perform various screenings related to PEP (Politically Exposed Person, Sanctions or Adverse News).
- Follows established procedures/policies and ensures Business Unit compliance with 1st Line of Defense and BNPP requirements. Maintains current knowledge of related banking activities, operational risk management and regulatory compliance requirements for financial institutions.
- Facilitates communication internally with branches to collect required compliance documentation related to “Know Your Customer.”
Other Job Duties
- May assist with the management of account closure process for KYC Operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of industry relevant software used for analysis
- Analytical and research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to perform independently with minimum supervision
- Good organizational skills
- Good to presentation skills
- Excellent PC skills, including advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, and related software
- Good knowledge of banking operational risk management and industry practices, banking and related laws and regulations
- Good knowledge of bank operations activities, from both a branch and centralized function aspect
- 1-3 years of Retail Banking a plus with opening new accounts
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Risk Management