At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for ensuring that the assigned business unit policies, procedures and practices align with Bank of the West 1st or 2nd line of defense Operation Risks and Compliance requirements. Provides support tasks for continuous enhancements of the Business Line 1st line of defense set-up. Acts as a resource for Level 1 questions and issues from the branch network arising from procedures and customer requirements related to the bank's Know Your Customer program and policies.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Partners with the assigned Business Group affected by changing laws, regulations or policies to ensure that appropriate changes are implemented
- Supports the assigned Business Group to respond to Regulatory / Audit inquiries and assist with evidence gathering as requested.
- Identify and report/escalate alerts on issues related to “Know Your Customer” Compliance.
- Implements established procedures/policies and ensures Business Unit compliance with 1st Line of Defense and BNPP requirements. Knowledgeable in industry best practices and systems.
- Maintains current knowledge of related banking activities, operational risk management and regulatory compliance requirements for financial institutions.
- Assists in developing and maintaining department policies and procedures in support of the Bank's Integrated Operational Risk Framework and/or industry best practices.
- May assist with dispositioning of new accounts in the new customer on boarding process and preparation of new customer documentation for escalation to the Customer Acceptance Committee.
- Facilitates communication internally with branches to collect required compliance documentation related to “Know Your Customer” and High Risk Customer Types.
- Assists with the management of account closure process for KYC Operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Contacting Dealers to collect on After Market Product Refunds.
Update AMR system with accurate details pertaining to each account.
Professional verbal and written communication with Dealers and Warranty Providers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Risk Management