C&E – Client
and Employee APS primarily provides functional and technical support to the
application portfolio, which manages End2End Lifecycle of the BNP Paribas
Client from prospection until Client Servicing. The application covers
business functionality starting from Onboarding of the clients by ensuring
360° due diligence (KYC), maintaining the relationship throughout the
lifecycle and delivering robust and timely client servicing using highly
scaled in-house and 3rd party applications.
Business Functionality offers, a centralized electronic market platform to our
wide range of Internal and External Clients. An application provides a
possibility to access Pre Trade and Post Trade services to complement the
execution of our clients’ daily banking operations. The applications provides
a varied range of possibilities from research, transactions supply chain,
Deposits, FX, Cash, Confirmation, Trade History, Market data analytics,
reports, netting and valuation while being maintaining a customized dashboard
as per the client need.
Cord & One KYC APS Support: Ensures to manage client onboarding workflow,
client referential, and client due diligence across the client lifecycle, KYC
repository and data distribution platform.
SRM APS: Supports an application that provides the opportunity to back office
users to efficiently serve the clients while being leveraging on
Digitalization and optimization of processes.
CRM APS: Supports centralized CRM system with the principle objective to allow
marketer and sales to manage client and their contact references, marketing
data such as Interactions, Opportunities, Events and group details. The
Marketers and Sales contribution to the deal origination is been assessed in
the tool, while being leveraging on cross selling bonus opportunities across
different business lines – Global Markets, Coverage, Corporate Finance, Cash Management
The role will mainly focus on the
functional & technical support of set of in-scope applications,
monitoring, troubleshooting, resolving and communicating the production
events to end users and stakeholders. The event can be of various type and
nature, ranging from simple application error or the infrastructure issue
related to server crash. The main responsibility will be to support end users
and provide after care support by resolving incidents whilst leveraging on
the systems technical architecture knowledge. Provide technical support by
ensuring the smooth execution of batches, delivering the production change;
manage incidents and problem within the in-scope applications. candidate is
expected to work with global teams located in Singapore, Mumbai, Paris,
London, New York and Montreal. The candidate will report to GM APS Transversal
Request, Incident, Change and Problem Management
- Act as first line of contact for end users to register their queries/concerns
and provide Level1 and Level2 functional and technical resolutions.
- Coordinate with Level3, Infra or ADM teams to resolve issues/incidents
ensuring timely communications to end users.
- Pro-actively monitor, manage and improve availability and performance of the
production environments and application layers to middleware and databases.
- Monitor application components and in-out data with the help of provided
tools and act proactively to prevent data issues, performance issues or
- Ensures issues/incidents are logged in the incident management system on
time with relevant details (outage, downtime, dependencies etc.), investigate
root cause, take resolution ownership
- Liaises with upstream and downstream applications support teams as
Application and Batch Monitoring and Follow up
- Monitor application state and input/output data correctness, hand-over to
FTS support teams.
- Monitor batches with the help of provided tools and act proactively on
failed batches while being ensuring that the preventive actions were
implemented to avoid the future failures.
- Actively seeks reduction of dependency on manual interventions by support
staff, e.g. leveraging enterprise batch scheduling and enterprise monitoring
Knowledge Management and Documentation
- Owns teams’ knowledge base on Wiki/appropriate tool for in-scope
- Ensures regional support teams are trained as required for a follow-the-sun
support model, in particular over new releases. Provide basic training to
end-users on application use.
- Ensure training and knowledge transfer on new team members across globe
Maintenance and Enhancements
- Participate in release cycles for functional validation on
- Review release and coordinate around deployment/post release checks, do
- Liaises with the Development teams to ensure enhancements and bug fixes are
- Ensuring the timely delivery of change in staging/production ecosystem as
- Participates in regular and required DRP and BCP exercises.
- Coordinate with Infra teams on patching & upgradation of servers and
- Prior experience of Production Support preferably in banking domain
- Excellent knowledge of databases like Oracle and SQL
- Knowledge of Web technologies like WebSphere, IIS, Web services, Tomcat,
- Knowledge on Linux, Middleware and basics of XML
- Working knowledge or familiarity with tools like Geneos, Dynatrace,
ServiceNow, Confluence, Univiewer, Autosys, Kibana Plugins, Introscope,
Elastic Search etc.
- Working knowledge or familiarity scripting skills Perl, Python and PowerShell
- Knowledge of file transfer protocol and tools like - CFT,FTP,SFTP
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, TIBCO RV, TIBCO Business Works, MQ, Java, C#/.NET, HTTP
- Good experience on systems like Windows, UNIX and Linux
- Good to have knowledge on ETL Tools Ab Initio, Informatica and Siebel
- Understanding of application lifecycle and network
- BMC software (BladeLogic, Middleware and transaction management)
- Digitec, Market Data Mechanism, Distributed
- Knowledge of Capital Markets environments, Front Office, eCommerce
- Knowledge of financial products like Interest rates, Bonds, FX, Treasury
- Working knowledge of processes like change, incident, request and problem
- Ability to provide step-by-step functional and technical help, both written
- Enthusiastic to work in challenging environment
- Highly effective team player with collaborate and can-do attitude
- Develop team skills, leverage networks, embrace changes
- Minimum 5 years of relevant application production support or support
- Preferred candidates with banking / financial background
- This is Follow-The-Sun (FTS) model, and hence team needs to be flexible with
- Flexible in working on public holiday, weekends to support application
releases and Infra production changes
- Available for on-call support, especially on Sunday evening to support ASIA
- English - Fluent
- French – Good to have
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.