About the job
- For corporate centralized strategic business groups, the Business Group Coordinator’s primary focus is to increase integration of KYC (Know Your Client) processes within a same business group by leveraging and re-using KYC elements across legal entities
Your Main Activities Are
- Ensure the client receives the highest standard KYC experiences
- Based on business governance, business priority preferences and operational capacity, manage the transversal pipeline. Also, optimize pipeline within a business group and synchronize Next Review Dates of legal entities
- Confirm within Business the entities (including existing and anticipated secondary sites if any) to recertify or to terminate. Also, inform other legal entities of trigger events occurring within the business group
- Ensure the KYC Data Officer uses all available internal and external sources for document collection during gap analysis
- Collect remaining documents from client (including local add-on of secondary sites, if any).Share reusable documents and/or waivers with other legal entities to be onboarded and recertified in a later phase
- Communicate effectively the onboarding/recertification status to internal stakeholders and client when needed. Also, act as the correspondent between the client, business and other internal functions all along the KYC process. When applicable, ensure connectivity to relevant client applications while onboarding clients
- Provide assistance to Business for KYC related tasks. Also, handle KYC related inquiries quickly to reduce any delay and/or loss of business and continually seek ways to improve KYC process and client journey by leveraging on client feedback
- Orchestrate efficient and effective coordination with all internal teams
- Coordinate the whole KYC process of onboarding/recertification/trigger events and business extension, from the request initiation to KYC validation. Also, coordinate joint decisions within business group legal entities when required
- Ensure timely escalation in case of blocks and facilitate resolution actions to address identified risks and blocking points. Also, oversee internal teams involved in KYC process and ensure defined KPI’s are met (including lead-time)
- Facilitate connection with secondary sites stakeholders ((if necessary) to make sure their specificities are taken into account and provide help to Primary Site Senior KYC Officer during validation coordination with other sites
- When applicable, coordinate the whole onboarding process, including account opening, with relevant stakeholders
Profile and Skills to Success
- Academic background in Economics, Business Management, Finance, Accounting or other
- Up to two years of experience in Client Management
- Up to two years of experience in Banking and Financial Operations
- Up to two years of experience in Project Management and Consulting
- Fluency in English is mandatory; French is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge on Compliance – Know your Client
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.