At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for Know Your Customer (KYC), client due diligence, enhanced due diligence, and customer identity management programs. Responsibilities include basic to moderately knowledge of monitoring accounts, alert reviews and investigation of potential fraudulent, terrorist or suspicious activity. Lead enterprise wide processes and enhancements for customer interactions in relation to KYC, enhanced due diligence and fraud suspicious activity alert reviews / investigations, where applicable. Incumbents also lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of related operational processes.Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for conducting in depth review and analysis of legal documentation and other related information to ensure the appropriate Customer Due Diligence (CDD) on consumer or commercial customer relationships is conducted per bank policy and applicable regulations
- Review all account documentation submitted for newly established business and consumer accounts in a timely fashion
- Communicate necessary documentation changes to branches and follow through to ensure requested documents/changes have been submitted.
- Maintain accurate and complete files for all reviewed client documentation
- Provides compliance support for projects and initiatives with low to moderately risk to identify, assess and mitigate BSA/AML risk in business activities
- Typically requires a University Degree
- Equivalent experience and minimum 2years of prior relevant experience
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience
- May have practical knowledge of project management
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Proficient knowledge of BSA and OFAC laws and regulations
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Compliance