At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for Know Your Customer (KYC), client due diligence, enhanced due diligence, and customer identity management programs. Responsibilities include basic knowledge of BSA/AML regulations, including client identification and documentary requirements. Perform necessary duties to support due diligence , enhanced due diligence, and all necessary screening review policy alert reviews / investigations, where applicable.Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for conducting in depth review and analysis of legal documentation and other related information to ensure the appropriate Customer Due Diligence (CDD) on consumer or commercial customer relationships is conducted per bank policy and applicable regulations
- Reviews all account documentation submitted for newly established business and consumer accounts in a timely fashion
- Reviews system data provided by business partners for accuracy and consistency with documentation provided
- Communicates necessary changes to line of business (LOB) and follow through to ensure requested documents/changes have been submitted.
- Maintains accurate and complete files for all reviewed client documentation
- Conducts necessary OFAC, PEP, and Adverse news screenings, including resolving any false positives, and escalating as needed.
- May assist in Re-certifying customer based on risk profile
- Requires broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education
- Typically requires a University Degree
- Equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Proficient knowledge of appropriate BSA and OFAC laws and regulations
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Compliance