KYC ANALYST - GERMAN
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all KYC activities in accordance with department’s procedures
- Contribute actively in the implementation and changes required by the activity
- Demonstrate knowledge during all work phases, respecting the department rules, assuring quality of work and as much as possible “risk-free” environment
- Share and promote Corporate Values (Both BNP Paribas and BNP Paribas Securities values).
As part of the KYC onboarding and recertification processes for clients and related parties of
BNP Paribas Securities Services:
- Ensure the KYC onboarding process of all new clients according to the sensitivity of the client
- Ensure the periodic review of all KYC files in accordance with the sensitivity of the client
- Ensure that the KYC files are updated following any important event in the KYC scope (in liaison with the sales teams and compliance team) and any specified and additional agreements
- Collect and verify the integrity of the client information data to complete each KYC file
- Control linkage to Major Sanctioned Countries and Regions
- Screening systems for sanction lists and PEPs and adverse information
- Contribute to clients and related parties sensitivity assessment
- Contribute to clients and related parties regulatory identification
- Participate to building reports and analysis to be presented to senior Management as part of the Due Diligence and KYC processes
- Participate in the improvement and optimization of processes in relation to the execution of KYC files
- Participate in the drafting of KYC procedures and guidelines
- Process all requests from all departments (Client Development, Compliance, Audit, etc.) and create KYC files when necessary
- For the KYC teams as well in charge of Client Administration, the following tasks are included KYC files documentation registration
- Economics, Law, Data Analysis, Management or similar (as preferred options)
- Good knowledge of IT tools & applications (MS Office package – advanced user)
- Availability for a training period abroad (up to 3 months)
- Previous exposure to AML and related regulations (desirable)
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.