KYC Analyst for France KYC Recertification II
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Further to the European Directives on anti-money laundering, new processes have been implemented by BNP Paribas Securities Services.
A dedicated KYC team is integrated to the Client Delivery teams and is in charge of establishing and maintaining KYC ("Know Your Customer") files for all new as well as existing clients of BNP Paribas Securities Services.
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Perform all KYC activities in accordance with department’s procedures
- Contribute actively in the implementation and changes required by the activity
- Demonstrate knowledge during all work phases, respecting the department rules, assuring quality of work and as much as possible “risk-free” environment
- Share and promote Corporate Values (Both BNP Paribas and BNP Paribas Securities values).
As part of the KYC onboarding and recertification processes for clients and related parties of BNP Paribas Securities Services:
- Ensure the KYC onboarding process of all new clients according to the sensitivity of the client
- Ensure the periodic review of all KYC files in accordance with the sensitivity of the client
- Ensure that the KYC files are updated following any important event in the KYC scope (in liaison with the sales teams and compliance team) and any specified and additional agreements
- Collect and verify the integrity of the client information data to complete each KYC file
- Control linkage to Major Sanctioned Countries and Regions
- Screening systems for sanction lists and PEPs and adverse information
- Contribute to clients and related parties sensitivity assessment
- Contribute to clients and related parties regulatory identification (e.g. FATCA, AEOI)
- Participate to building reports and analysis to be presented to senior Management as part of the Due Diligence and KYC processes
- Participate in the improvement and optimization of processes in relation to the execution of KYC files
- Participate in the drafting of KYC procedures and guidelines
- Process all requests from all departments (Client Development, Compliance, Audit, etc.) and create KYC files when necessary
For the KYC teams as well in charge of Client Administration, the following tasks are included:
- KYC files documentation registration
- Verification, creation and update of internal identification numbers
- Verification and input of information in the system:
- Authorized Signatories, if applicable
- UBO information and Directors
- Parent Companies and other Related entities
- Required level of education: Academic Degree in Economics, Law, Data Analysis, Management or similar (as preferred options)
- Required level of experience: Up to 2 years of experience with financial services (as preferred option)
- Previous exposure to AML and related regulations, FATCA regulations, PEP identification, etc.
- Adaptability to different systems and software
- Understanding of legal documents
- English Level B1-B2. French knowledge is desirable
- Good knowledge of IT tools & applications (MS Office package – advanced user)
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail / Rigor
- Creativity & Innovation/ Problem solving
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.