Kafka Integration Developer
Job Description Summary
We are in need of a Senior Kafka Developer in our Enterprise
Services team that provides reusable, extensible and standardized integration solutions
across multiple lines of business.
In this important role you will:
· Design and develop scalable and reliable real-time stream processing solutions using Hortonworks Data Flow HDF product suite (Nifi/Kafka/Spark)
· Provide expertise and hands on experience working with Kafka brokers and Kafka connectors
· Create topics, setup redundancy cluster, deploy monitoring tools, alerts and has good knowledge of best practices.
· Work directly with BOTW business partners to translate complex functional and technical requirements for streaming data ingestion solutions into detailed design & implementation plans
· Work closely with EA and cross-functional technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
· Work closely with Platform Engineering team to analyze complex distributed production deployments, and make recommendations to optimize performance
· Provide input for capacity planning and sizing of streaming environment (Kafka/Nifi)
· Implement application development lifecycle management using BOTW’s and industry standard frameworks
· Write and produce technical documentation, knowledge base articles
· Work with Production Support to assist with troubleshooting service stability, message topic or delivery issues, perform data related benchmarking, performance analysis and tuning.
· Perform design & code reviews
· Minimum 4+ years of experience in development and support of stream processing solutions in Hadoop technologies
· Minimum 10+ years of software industry and integration solutions development experience.
· Expert level knowledge of Kafka and related technologies (Hive, Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Nifi, Zookeeper, Ambary, Ranger)
· Strong Knowledge of SOAP, REST, JMS architecture Concepts and PUB/SUB Pattern
· Strong knowledge of web services security
· Solid knowledge of Java SE, Java EE, XML, XML Schema, XSD, XSLT/XPath and JSON technologies
· Experience with CA API Gateway and/or IBM WebSphere MQ and/or Software AG WebMethods Integration Server is preferred.
· Experience in building and deploying MicroServices on containers such as Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Bachelor's Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.