About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The Hispanic Latin America region is a key market for BNP Paribas. While Brazil remains the largest economy in Latin America, other major countries in the region are also significant contributors for the business and for long standing relations with clients. For example, BNP Paribas has been uninterruptedly present in Colombia for more than 40 years.
BNP Paribas has a historical footprint in the Hispanic Latin America. The Bank has been in the region since 1914 and is now present in 5 countries with nearly 2000 employees between Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) and International Financial Services.
CIB in Hispanic Latin America has world-class teams of roughly 200 professionals spread among Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Peru and Argentina, thus ensuring an overall coverage of BNP Paribas’ client franchise in the region. All BNP Paribas’ business lines have operations in Hispanic Latin America and are structured in such a way as to provide their clients with the best combination of specialists according to sector, product or geographic region. In the context of growing globalization, they are able to accommodate their clients thanks to their powerful regional platforms:
- In North America (essentially New York but also other hubs such as Houston and San Francisco) and Brazil (Sao Paulo) with a number of professionals covering Latin America.
- In the whole of Europe with major hubs such as Paris, London, Frankfurt, Madrid, etc.
- In Asia with a broad coverage of all major economies in the region.
In Colombia, BNP Paribas has presence through 5 entities representing the Group: the Rep. Office, the Corporación Financiera and a Trust company for the Corporate and Institutional Banking pole. As for International Financing Services, an insurance company (Cardif) and a Rep Office for Asset Management Services. BNP Paribas is the European bank with the longest uninterrupted presence in the country.
Secure new clients generating profitable revenue streams to Securities Services, selling all our local and global products in the region (Hispanic LATAM). Ensure relationship with prospects and clients, considering their business expectations, with excellence in service delivery for domestic and regional clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the planning of the sales strategy for the region (assigned Market(s) and client (s) segment (s))
- Contribute in build relationship with prospective clients and fully understand their organization and identify key decision makers.
- Participate in the negotiation of pricing and terms with the client and Product management to ensure maximum client profitability
- Contribute in planning and executing sales calls and meetings.
- Contribute in controlling of direct costs through effective management of the budget
- Responsible for marketing BNP PARIBAS SECURITIES SERVICES’ brand, and contribute on promoting the name of BNP Paribas Securities Services in the region
- Act as back-up of other sales & RM when needed
- Support Head of Client Dev with information gathering for internal committees and external presentations, reports and any other type of administrative task, as needed.
- To modify and update the procedures of the Client Development team when needed.
- Contribute on answering to Request for Proposals (RFP, DDQ, etc.) received by Client Development Team in Hispanic Latam.
- Contribute to control risks.
- Be aware of Conduct risks arising in the perimeter in charge and make sure that appropriate mitigating processes and controls are in place
- Ensure Conduct governance is fully operational, as per standard guidelines: Conduct is a standard item in the agenda of management or team meetings. Conduct dilemmas are well managed and documented, the escalation process is in place, Conduct responsibilities are delegated throughout the perimeter in charge
- Develop understanding of Conduct principles by ensuring staff participation to awareness & training sessions
- Ensure Conduct principles are fully embedded in processes including people management processes
- Professional in Finance, business administration, economics, engineering or related.
- Between 2 to 6 years of experience in sales and knowledge of the financial and/or capital markets
- Detailed oriented
- Easily absorb new concepts
- Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Order and methodology at work
- Problem solving skills
- Flexibility to travel
- Fluent in English and Spanish (oral and written)