Junior Marketing and Communications Analyst
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The Marketing, Communications & Events (MCE) team has a unique position within the BNP Paribas Global Markets set up. The team is located in the front office trading rooms worldwide, with close to 80 staff based in the main hubs of London, Paris, Lisbon, Milan, New York, Hong Kong, and Tokyo. The team works across all asset classes and business lines bringing effective communication, marketing and events strategies to deliver the best of Global Markets to our clients.
Within MCE, the Communications & Transversal Marketing team in EMEA is looking for a Junior Analyst based in Lisbon to join their dynamic team of nine, located across London and Lisbon. The team is responsible for building and executing communications and marketing campaigns that support the strategy of the business in EMEA and globally, and strengthen its positioning to staff, clients and the markets. In a business where every day changes, the daily tasks of the team range from driving communications and marketing campaigns, develop materials such as posters, videos, creatives, marketing materials, as well as leveraging smart analytics to measure the team’s performance and enhance its strategy.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Junior Marketing and Communications Analyst will assist the team in the implementation of their strategies across Global Markets. The ideal candidate will be looking to start a career in financial marketing & communications with a passion for writing. They will have a can-do attitude with a willingness to get involved with a wide range of tasks. The successful candidate will be flexible and pro-active with excellent communication and organisational skills with common day-to-day tasks include:
- Maintain and support the team’s output on internal & external communication channels (websites, intranet, digital signage, social media, etc.)
- Writing and uploading stories to our internal news feeds
- Graphics development and creative production for campaigns
- Develop reports on tracking and analysing engagement through viewership & readership figures
- Writing content on financial products, strategy and business news
- Contribute to the marketing & communications strategy
- MSc in Finance, Journalism, Communications, or Business Management from a Top Tier international Business School or equivalent university.
- Team player with a highly collaborative mind-set and strong work ethic
- Fluent English speaker and highly proficient writer with a passion for communication
- Strong interpersonal skills; diplomatic, assertive, able to manage senior stakeholders
- Quick learner, able to navigate the complex and dynamic world of capital markets
- A self-starter, proactive with a can-do attitude
- Ability to prioritise workload, work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, able to observe and maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop and open to new technology
- Experience in digital marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or financial markets in an investment-banking environment is a plus.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.