For new activity within BNP Paribas Securities Services in Poland which is an exciting, dynamic and growing operation centre in Warsaw we are looking for candidates who are willing to be a vital part of the expansion in BNP Paribas’ operational scope in Poland.
(Junior) Hedge Fund Accounting and Valuation Specialist
As a part of the newly organized Hedge Funds Accounting and Valuation team (A&V) within Alternative Funds Operations your aim will be to produce the Net Asset Valuation for our clients.
The position will give opportunity to work on complete end-to-end fund valuation processes with no supporting departments’ involvement.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Complete preparation and review of end-to-end funds of hedge funds valuations
- Booking portfolio trades, verifying positions and cash versus custody systems
- Cash monitoring, reconciliation, investigation of unrecognized movements
- Booking and reconciliation of fund capital activity
- Uploading and reviewing portfolio pricing and ensuring all variances are investigated and escalated
- Review of share class hedging correctness concerning positions and tolerance, rolling forwards at end of period
- Preparation, maintenance and review of accruals of expenses (fixed and variable), in depth analysis of amounts due and cross-currency payables processing
- Preparing trial balance, review of constituents and data feeds into the master report
- Liaising and working with the Transfer Agency team to ensure accurate recording of shareholder capital activity within Geneva system
- Involvement in process automation projects, direct influence on effectiveness of your own and team’s work.
- Cooperation with Irish oversight and business partners.
We are interested in both, junior and senior profiles. The level of the position will be adjusted individually basing on candidates’ professional experience.
We are looking for you, if you:
- Have University degree (preferred: Finance and Accounting, Economics or similar)
- Have working experience in fund services industry or similar areas (experience in NAV valuations is a strong asset)
- Have good command of MS Office (especially MS Excel)
- Are fluent in English
- Are aware of the clients’ needs and have an ability to deliver an excellent client service
- Are self-motivated and able to work effectively on your own and in a team
- Are accurate and have attention to details
- Are eager to take part in project that is in development rather than in already stabilized
- Unique opportunity among funds area to learn end-to-end valuation process which is not split/supported by upstream departments.
- Ability to develop fund accounting skills and knowledge and taking part in creating operational standards for the department
Stable employment on the basis of full-time job contract
Supportive and friendly work environment with many opportunities to integrate with work colleagues (tennis school, football league, volleyball and basketball classes, integration weekends, etc.)
Wide range of trainings: soft skills, professional competences, technical trainings and financial knowledge trainings
Opportunities to growth within the organization including 6 Career Paths to choose from
Attractive benefits package:
private medical care,
additional benefits to choose from the cafeteria platform (cinema and theatres tickets, online shops vouchers, etc.)
co-funding of language courses and many more
Prestigious work location near Rondo Daszyńskiego
Candidates meeting the above mentioned requirements and interested in cooperation are asked to e-mail their applications in English (CV).
Thank you in advance for sending your application. We kindly inform you we will contact only chosen candidates.
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Please attach the below clause to your application: I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) introduced into the Polish law with Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Dz. U. 2018 poz.1000 as amended). I acknowledge that I have the right at any time to view, to amend or correct and to request to erase my personal data.
Primary Location: PL-MA-WarsawJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: OPERATION PROCESSINGEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 2 yearsSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / Teamwork, Attention to detail / rigor, Organizational skills, Client focused, Resilience, Critical thinking, Ability to synthetize / simplify, Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving, Ability to share / pass on knowledgeTransversal competency: Knowing a foreign language (specify which language), Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution, Ability to set up relevant performance indicators, Analytical Ability