Junior Financial Controller Officer
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Our mission is to cover all aspects related to accounting, performance management, tax and invoicing in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring – among several other aspects – that BNP Paribas’ financial statements are in compliance with the Portuguese legislation, and providing support for management decisions. Besides the local business of the branch, we provide a dedicated support to all the hosted services, namely in what concerns tax and tax invoicing.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce the management control reporting to Head Office
- Participate to the production of the quarterly invoicing to internal clients; ensure the coordination and control of their booking and payment with all stakeholders around the world
- Participate to the forecasting and budgeting process. This includes:
- Work closely with internal clients to build their forecast/budget ,
- Ensure proper calculation and allocation of expenses,
- Perform analysis
- Reporting, analysis, control and monitoring of headcount and expenses on a monthly basis (actual vs forecast/budget)
- Produce the necessary information and analysis to support Top Management; and produce other ad hoc analysis for internal or external clients
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Management or Economy
- Fluency in English mandatory (speaking and writing)
- Strong knowledge in Computer Science (as user), namely Excel and powerpoint (mandatory)
- Maximum 2 years’ experience in audit
- Strong analysis capacity, Rigor and accuracy, dynamism, autonomy, organization and responsibility
- Capacity to work under pressure and commitment with deadlines
- Strong interpersonal working relationships and team spirit
- Able to adapt to a fast pace and multi-cultural environment.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.