BNP Paribas is a leader in banking and financial services in Europe. The Group is present in 75 countries worldwide and employs more than 185,000 employees. Our Group has two complementary core activities, providing strategic strength and assuring the bank financial solidity: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking.
In the Netherlands BNP Paribas is one of the largest and leading non-Dutch banks. Thanks to our global network combined with our local expertise, we unlock business opportunities across the world for our clients.
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a fully owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group and one of the highest-rated asset servicing banks in the industry. With a local presence in 34 countries across five continents and a global custody network covering over 100 markets, BNP Paribas Securities Services assists her clients around the world and offers them a unified service range of all asset classes.
For our office in Utrecht, we are currently seeking a:
Junior Depositary Officer
BNP Paribas Securities Services, is one of sixteen branches of BNP Paribas Securities Services (‘the Bank’) licensed to provide Trustee & Depositary (‘T&D’) services to all types of locally domiciled funds. After the 2008 financial crisis and the Madoff scandal fund managers in Europe are obliged to comply with the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD). As depositary operating under the AIFMD, the mission of Securities Services is to protect the interests of the investors and unit holders in the funds.
The main role of the Depository & Fiduciary Services teams (DFS), wherever they operate, is twofold:
- Discharge the Bank’s oversight responsibilities on the fund managers (and their trading activity) and any other stakeholders (e.g. fund administrators, agency lenders, clearers, collateral agents,...) relevant to the funds we are appointed trustee or depositary for;
- Oversee the operations of any other departments of the Bank involved in discharging its trustee or depositary responsibility, e.g. custody and specialist safekeeping teams.
The Depositary Officers interface objectively between clients and the regulatory authorities and are responsible for a wide spectrum of control services including asset valuation controls, ownership verifications, NAV controls, risk and compliance controls.
The main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Master’s degree in business administration, economics or equal;
- Native level Dutch and fluent English (spoken and written; this is a must);
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of fund activities and asset classes;
- Good communication skills;
- Positive and proactive attitude, ambitious and a real team player;
- Strong ability to think out-of-the-box.
What we offer
As a distinguished market leader in this area, we offer a great opportunity to launch your career in an exciting and international environment. You will contribute to the further professionalization of Depositary Services and have daily contact with key players in the international market. You will join a multidisciplinary team and become a member of the international Depositary community. The team is ambitious and eager to optimize it’s service offering to the next level as the client portfolio is growing.
We believe and invest in your future and encourage your personal growth, promote personal development, (international) exchange opportunities and offer a varied position with excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Please send your application letter and CV in English to: BNP Paribas - Human Resources Department - asd_recruitment_hr [at] bnpparibas (dot) com