Junior Data Management Officer
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Data Management team has 2 main missions:
Guarantee the implementation of the credit authorizations granted to BP2S clients as per the credit decision
Ensure data quality of Risk BP2S referential
Credit Authorizations implementation
For an adequate creation of limits into the Risk BP2S tools, the first step is to identify correctly the client in the referential system.
• In the group referential for global market clients CRDS based upon the information received from the KYC process
• When already available match the newly created CRDS code to the existing RMPM code (for clients non-existing in RMPM the creation is actually performed through the CRDS / RMPM interface)
• Creation of legal and non-legal entities in relation with BP2S and who may generate exposure either by having credit limits and or cash accounts
• Association of CRDS clients ID with BP2S ID (RCA) in beacon to allow proper monitoring.
Credit Authorization implementation
• Upon receipt of the minutes, dully signed by the designated delegation holder, Data management inputs the approved global credit line from Risk Institutional, stored in the tool CPA.
• GCL sub allocation in credit limits, by products and by location
•Record of the collateral decided by the credit committee in Beacon to allow proper monitoring by the Collateral Management Unit.
2. Data quality of Risk Referentials
Beacon CAT reconciliation
•Data management reconciles
•Collateral reporting / follow up with Collateral Monitoring Unit
•Designs and follows up data quality indicators.
Contribution to the Risk Function Data quality initiatives
•Reports main issues
•Contributes to the resolution of data quality issues identified at group level.
•Act as a single point of contact for risk topics related to the RADAR project and sub projects
•Organize the cartography self-assessment and subsequent follow-up of the agreed-upon actions plan.
Master’s Degree in Management, Finance or Economics
Knowledge and Interest on Credit Risk
Excel Microsoft Office
Word Microsoft Office
Fluency in English
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.