About the job
- RISK Institutional & BP2S is a domain of the RISK function in charge of covering all Institutional credit risk profile and related credit approval processes
- In this domain the Credit Team is responsible for completing the credit analysis for financial institutions and BP2S clients (including due diligence when necessary)
- In particular, the Credit Team ensures that credit analysis and recommendations are provided in due time for Banks, Insurances, Sovereign, Brokers, other non-banks financial institutions, pensions funds, funds, hedge funds, regulated funds, funds of hedge funds, agency arrangements and asset managers
- The Credit Team performs credit analysis and provide credit recommendations on their respective delegation perimeter to Credit Committees, Transaction Approval Committees when the credit opinion on a specific counterparty is required, other RISK entities, Business Units or functions in response to general enquiries, Portfolio review committees
- The Credit Team guarantees the selection and the follow up of counterparties considered Doubtful, under Watch List or sensitive list, evaluates the accurate level of provisioning, guarantees the quality of credit files and portfolios (notably by complying with regulatory framework e.g. Basel III requirements and including credit policies, rating policies and other Group guidelines), develops local market intelligence by performing desk research (financial statement analysis, monitoring of published research), maintains a network of Industry contacts and performs on site due diligence, guarantees that available local market information and views on risk issues are communicated swiftly and effectively
- The Credit Team is a main partner for the Senior Credit Officers and their “binomes” for the clients covered by the financial institution credit process and is also in permanent interaction with other business lines for uncovered clients
Your Main Activities Are
- The Junior Credit Analyst is responsible for completing credit analysis on a portfolio of Funds & Asset Managers to facilitate informed credit decisions
- Responsible to on-board new Clients within the expected deadlines
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the counterparties/groups under his/her responsibility and develop market intelligence by investigating all available sources of credit and financial information
- Monitor permanently the portfolio under his/her responsibility, developing market knowledge, anticipating risk to detect any credit issue requiring a specific review
- Conduct Annual and interim reviews. Produce in due time and present in Credit Committee a factual summary of client’s credit worthiness (credit proposal), compliant with the Bank’s guidelines. The credit proposal includes a recommendation on the ratings, the limits, the legal credit terms and the risk strategy vis-a-vis the client
- Perform credit analysis and issue recommendations for delegation holders (Credit Officers, Senior Credit Officers) on the counterparties/groups
- Mainly in charge of flow transaction reviews and plain-vanilla credit analysis
- Develop a good knowledge of the banking environment: capital market products, legal documentations, accounting and regulatory environments
- Contribute to due diligences in collaboration with credit officers and SCOs
- Contribute to portfolio reviews when required
- Keep abreast of the changing methodologies and credit policies
- Interact with and act as a service provider to Credit Officers
- Prepare credit proposal in the light of FIC/Coverage commercial strategy and memo, and of any material information (transaction or risks) provided by the RM Pilot or the Binome
- Discuss, under the leadership of the Senior Credit Analyst / Credit Officer, the requests of Credit limits with the Business Lines
- Contribute to due diligence ‘s meeting or credit review
- Guarantee objective, qualitative and synthetic credit risk analysis and recommendation (Annual review, ad hoc, credit notes, comparative analysis) on the portfolio for which they are responsible
- Guarantee the application of Bank’s procedures and policies and the consistency of Bank’s rating methodologies
- Manage the annual review process and simple Ad Hoc requests for his/her portfolio
- Manage the formalisation of the credit decisions in the credit workflow tool CPA
- Manage the appropriate risk monitoring, jointly with CRC
- Contribute to the risk strategy definition by providing recommendation on the risk profile of the counterparty and on specific transactions in relationship with the appropriate stakeholders
- Contribute to the Bank’s reactivity vis-à-vis clients’ expectations by prioritizing urgent requests under his/her responsibility with his/her manager
- Contribute to the exposure and risk monitoring o/w reports on exposure and excesses
- Contribute to the transversal projects, crisis management and excess management reports
- Contribute to the quality of process: use adequately the credit process’ flow and workflow system, maintain critical client data, interact efficiently ahead of credit committee with the various stakeholders of the credit process
- Contribute to the development/update/filling in of policies, reports and risk tools, and to the Credit Process optimization
- Contribute to & Attend the Watch List and Doubtful committees on owned portfolio
- Contribute to the Due Diligence process & Attend the adequate committees in collaboration with Credit Officers & SCOs
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree/MSc/Master 2 from Business School or University in Banking, Finance, Economics, Risk Management, Financial Markets or other relevant areas
- 1+ years in Risk Management, or Credit Analysis, or Financial Analysis
- English (fluent)
- An additional Language would be welcome
- Strong and proven analytical skills
- Adaptability and proactivity, multitasking
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solid knowledge and understanding of banking and financial markets
- Understanding of Corporate Banking and Capital Markets products
- Self-driven and organized
- Rigorous and reliable
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.