The opportunity is for a CAD Technician to provide 2D and 3D drafting support to the London Building Consultancy department. The team is based at the head office near to St Pauls in the City of London and comprises of surveyors, project managers and designers.
The team works across all sectors but is predominantly focussed in the fast paced commercial office/workplace sector. Tasks can range from producing red line drawings for lease plans to preparing a full tender pack of drawings for a design project. This will be generally an office based role with possible site visits at the inception stage to assist a better contextual understanding.
Currently most of our design projects and tasks are completed in 2D AutoCAD however we have aspirations to move to Revit for our 2D work and to improve our 3D design offering in the future.
Roles and responsibilities
The successful candidate will act as the lead ‘go-to’ CAD operator for the team and be responsible for reviewing and developing CAD standards/ procedures to ensure best practice and efficient working.
Good time management is essential as the successful candidate will be working on multiple projects and deadlines. The candidate will need to be self-motivated and will be responsible for managing their own workload on a day-to-day basis.
This role does not require an extensive technical detailing background but we would expect the candidate to possess the understanding and ability to undertake construction level detailing as well as preparing workplace settings.
The design process here is collaborative and we will be looking for a candidate who is able to pro-actively offer design solutions and ideas. There will also be an element of engaging with manufacturers and suppliers to help progress design projects.
Ideally the candidate will wish to progress their career by becoming increasingly involved in design work in the workplace sector.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Taking and being responsible for instructions, from inception through to completion.
- Working as an integral part of the team for the delivery of projects;
- Delivering projects following the RIBA plan of work;
- Preparing designs, working drawings and space plans;
- Support the preparation and delivery of design presentations or workplace studies;
- Preparing and critiquing designs produced by third party consultants;
- Managing and coordinating the activities of third party specialists;
- Preparing and managing programmes of work;
- Preparing client reports, reflecting different stages of the project;
The candidate will be required to:
- Work within clearly defined, well established processes;
- Proactively solve problems and find solutions, consulting with more experienced colleagues on more difficult or unfamiliar situations;
- Be structured, organised and diligent;
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of principles and practices of related disciplines;
- Work to and comply with BNPPRE’s quality management processes and procedures.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- Workplace and office design
- Construction level detailing
- AutoCAD skills, or similar
The candidate should possess strong inter-personal skills, be sociable and be prepared to proactively work within a busy, friendly and highly professional team. They will be required to support and work with colleagues at all levels, possess strong IT, time management and communication skills, be accurate in their work and have an eye for detail.
Where the candidate is looking to further their professional qualifications, we will be prepared to review the support that can be offered for this personal development.
- Degree in a design related discipline or formal CAD training
- High proficiency in AutoCAD
The candidate should possess a full, clean driving licence.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index