BNP Paribas Cardif insures 100 million clients in the world. As the insurance subsidiary of BNP Paribas, it aims at being the global benchmark for insurance partnerships and the leading provider of personal insurance solutions.
Our people have extensive know-how and experience that creates tangible added value for marketing, actuarial analysis and data management. We have in-depth understanding of our partner distributors and their industries, allowing us to optimize their insurance offering and the experience they deliver for their customers. Detailed knowledge of our partners also lets us provide support for their sales organizations and management of their networks.
We are currently seeking a Junior Business Analyst – MOA Quants & Actuarial(M/F) – with excellent level of English & French, position based in Porto, Portugal.
The Junior Business Analyst will work on “proximity development” activities. This designates developments and maintenance of Financial or Actuarial tools performed by teams having both technical expertise and business skills in order to be able to provide proximity to the Business users and hence a capacity to swiftly provide fit-to-purpose / business friendly features.
- to take charge of evolutions on tools developed on Excel.
- help the team to ensure the proper takeover of IFRS17 tools/mockups developed sometimes by the Business and to bring them into an appropriate framework.
- to have missions to resume /complete development on tools developed in Python or SAS.
- integrate a mode of operation in pairs as much as possible.
- with his/her partner, to ensure a good understanding of the business needs.
- to ensure developments, which will then be tested by the partner, or conversely will test the developments made by the partner.
- to make sure to have a crossed operation to obtain a good quality of delivery.
- to attend the weekly tool monitoring meetings with the trades.
The tools could be actuarial or finance tools depending on the priorities defined by management.
- The position is open to all degrees or higher education in any of computer science or a related IT field
- 1 to 3 years of experience on IT/ Financial project management functions
- Experience of “proximity developments” to the benefit of Financial/Actuarial teams and comfortable with Business Analysts type of mindset.
- Knowledge of SAS
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge in Excel with VBA coding
- Strong team interaction capacity
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Good listening and questioning ability
Any Other Additional Requirements:
Willing and able to work outside normal office hours under exceptional circumstances.
This position required availability for a training in Paris (to be confirmed - depending of sanitary situation)
Start date: January 2022
Contract Type: Permanent
If your profile and motivations matches our needs, you feel motivated to join our company do not hesitate in sending us you application, we will be delighted to consider you for this position.
Please note that only applications submitted with CV, Certificate of Studies & Cover letter will be considered and move forward in the application process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients