At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
With moderate supervision, participates in the design, engineering, development, testing, implementation, operation and maintenance of network infrastructure devices such as, servers, storage, routers, switches, firewalls, proxies and other related technologies in a virtualized enterprise environment. Maintains technical quality in operating environments through monitoring and implementation of solutions.
Essential Job Functions
- Interfaces with vendors and servicing agents to obtain equipment and services.
- Intermediate knowledge of regulatory environment and compliance related issues.
- Intermediate knowledge of datacenter design and operations.
- Remains current on new technology and maintains appropriate certifications.
- Prepares reports and follow-up and evaluates results.
- Follows documented techniques and performs testing and certifications.
- Installs system hardware and software, ensures proper performance and stabilizes systems.
- Maintains technical quality in operating environments through the monitoring and development of solutions.
Other Job Duties
- Diagnoses and provides solutions to problems clients are experiencing. Mid-tier resource for problem support.
- Coordinates the tasks associated with repairs or installations.
- Reviews and contributes to system and network performance results, the development of system standards, strategies, and workflows.
- Ensures compliance with documented strategies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
“While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.”
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience concentrated in Linux patching and delivery of patches.
Knowledge and experience with vulnerability assessments and penetration testing for web based applications, business applications, external/internal networks and security.
Experience in Linux Operating Systems
Good knowledge of business systems architecture
Strong knowledge of programming, documentation and interface requirements
Advanced knowledge of scripting
Good knowledge of systems hardware, software, and system administration
Good knowledge of Ansible and Run deck
Solid understanding of enterprise security, systems patching and vulnerabilities.
Experience developing and monitoring an information security function in an enterprise setting.
Experience with corporate security emergency situations and contingency
Ability to work under minimal supervision and set priorities.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to develop moderate to complex reports and presentations.
1 – 2 years of Banking/finance Industry
Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in BS in IT, Computer Science or related field preferred or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Technology