About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutions) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
The Global Markets business of BNP Paribas helps its corporate and institutional clients leverage capital markets across the globe for their financing, risk management and investment needs. This encompasses a wide range of financial products ranging from Foreign exchange to complex Equity Derivatives that are traded in financial markets across the globe 24/7. IT systems are integral to the business and are a key part of the value proposition to clients. These IT systems range from industry standard products for standard process automation to internally developed, often, market leading IT applications. The IT teams owning these IT systems are made up of functions that include Technical and Application production support, Business Analysis & Project Management, Development & Maintenance and Quality Control. BNP Paribas India Solutions is an equal partner in these IT functions along with colleagues in other locations including Paris, London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore & Hong Kong. This partnership ranges from sharing the IT workload, executing global strategy to owning global applications offshore. The technology and engineering landscape is wide, encompassing almost all techniques and platforms. It continues to evolve and transform with the market with the business continuing to invest in it.
IT Delivery Expert
Business Line / Function:
Regulatory & Surveillance – Transaction Reporting
Vice President – Transaction Reporting
Assistant Vice President
Global Head of Transaction Reporting
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
- Regulatory reporting is the submission of data needed by regulators to evaluate an entities’ operations and status of compliance with different applicable regulations
- Transaction reporting is a part of regulatory reporting and compliance needs which is focused on the reporting of transactions between entities in the financial markets
- Regulatory transaction reporting came into greater focus with the financial crisis of 2008 where the global markets faced a crunch. In particular, the transactions in OTC derivatives markets were largely unsupervised until then. Regulations were setup to help improve the stability of the markets and provide resiliency through implementation of processes and monitoring while providing the necessary oversight on these transactions. US government released the Dodd-Frank Regulation and other countries soon followed suit (Europe, Japan, Canada, and Hong Kong) with similar approaches on reporting such transactions.
- IT Systems have been specifically designed to the perform the following main functions
- Real-time Transaction Reporting
- Real-time notifications of trades and post-trade events
- Enrichment with reference data or pricing systems
- Format data to generate required reports
- Send real-time reports to the regulators / reporting platforms
- Receive real-time responses from reporting platforms
- End-of-Day Position, Valuation and Collateral Reporting
- Receive end-of-day position, valuation and collateral reporting feeds
- Enrichment with reference data systems
- Send reports to regulators / reporting platforms
- Other Reporting needs
- Position and valuation feeds to monitoring and controls applications
- Position feeds for collateral management
- Positions feeds for client reporting and other internal application needs
- Resubmissions of failed real-time transactions
- Analyze user requirements and come up with a blue print of feasible system solution.
- Manage the end to end systems delivery life cycle (or project life cycle) to ensure business requirements are met or exceeded, on time and within budget
- Define Critical Success Factors (CSFs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other objectives that must be met as per project requirements including non-functional requirements like Capacity handling, Response time, Performance, Security, Alerting, Monitoring etc.
- Provide technical support to business lines for projects after technical go-live
- Monitor and report project health from Costs, Schedule & Quality perspective using standard tools.
- Produce effective progress reports for assigned projects to keep management apprised of project status, major issues, scope changes, resource changes and milestone achievements or misses
- Run Project working Group and Project Steering Committee meetings with Project participants and other stakeholders including Project Sponsor.
- Build and manage relationships with internal stakeholders within Business/Functions, Group IT.
- Build and manage relationships with Vendor Partners/FinTech’s in this space and monitor their performance
- Manage the resolution of production issues with the minimum disruption to the business
- Maintain awareness of operational risk including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control
- Develop a good level of understanding of the relevant business systems of the Group that are required to support the business/functions
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Graduate / Post graduate preferably with certifications like PMP, PMI-ACP, ITIL
- 12+ years of IT experience with 5 years in delivery and support within banking domain
- Past experience in development and design of systems running on Unix/Windows and using Java/PL-SQL, Oracle/SQL Server databases
- Java 8 and above, Multithreading, Spring/Spring Boot, Database (Oracle/MS SQL), Shell Script, Web service (SOAP/REST), Maven/Gradle, JPA, JMS/Rabbit MQ
- Working knowledge of application server / middleware technologies
- Familiar with tools used in Software Development for Testing, Build, Configuration and Release Management.
- Project Management experience with proven ability to co-ordinate activities
- Analytical, Problem –Solving, Trouble Shooting, Inter-Personal and Communication skills
- Self-Driven and Team player
- Exposure to cloud or digital technologies would be added advantage
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- This position requires exceptional technical design and analysis skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate (precisely and accurately) across all levels of the organization.
- Investment Banking - Capital Markets domain experience is handy.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Personal Impact / Ability to influence
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage a project
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 12 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required) NA