PURPOSE: To contribute as a programmer on application development, enhancements, maintenance and support activities for multiple applications across all SDLC phases.
JOB TITLE: Software Engineer Team: ALMT-IT OMR
REPORTS TO: (desg) PM NO. OF REPORTEES: 0
EXPERIENCE: 2 – 4 yrs QUALIFICATION: Engineering Degree or Equivalent
- Minimum 2 yrs. experience in creating applications using Java, Servlets/JSP, JDBC, XML
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Java 1.6+ / J2EE (EJB, Web Services, Servlet, JMS)
- Spring Core
- Experience of software project life cycle.
- Experience on ExtJS
- Experience with application deployment (App Server and DB Server) using automated build and packaging tools (Ant, Maven, Makefile, etc.).
- Experience with Eclipse IDE and at least one Application Server (Web Logic, Web Sphere, JBoss).
- Database programming skills (SQL queries with joins, Stored Procedures, Functions) and understanding of Database Schema (Constraints, Index, etc.) is required.
- Very strong programming skills to efficiently output high quality code using best practices and Java/J2EE design patterns.
- Experience in technical analysis, designing and modeling n-tier applications with multiple integrations using object-oriented.
- Good experience in identifying modules/components for independent development and estimating effort and schedule.
- Ability to analyze functional requirements and propose multiple solution approaches.
- To take ownership of modules or entire application and work independently or within a team to accomplish delivery deadlines through dedication, commitment and hard work.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies (languages, frameworks, tools) is a must.
- Self-motivated, good interpersonal skills and inclination to constantly upgrade on new technologies and frameworks.
- Experience on at least two software development project with involvement in all the phases of SDLC.
- Good communication skills.
- IT experience in Finance domain.
- Knowledge of Unix shell/ Perl scripting or basic Unix commands
- Experience in working in Onsite-Offshore environment.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / CRITICAL TASKS:
- Application designing / development / testing / support / enhancements / bug-fixing.
- Interact with functional and technical representatives of project teams in order to understand business functionalities, technical modules, integration mechanism and data sources.
- Prepare test plans and conduct Unit, Integration, Regression, Performance and Functional Testing.
- Contribute to the technical designing phase and document the design with UML diagrams and models. Create prototype for proof of concept and business requirements validations.
- Participate in peer code reviews and peer modules testing.
- Report progress and escalate issues to the Team Lead.
- Ensuring that the project and organization standards are followed during various phases of software development life-cycle and day to day development work.
- Estimate efforts and schedule for various modules and meet deadlines.
- Technical and Release Documentation.
- Deployment of system components - Application, Shell Scripts and Databases.
- Acquire skills in relevant technologies and take up higher responsibilities
- Develop resourceful approaches to solving technical problems
- Being aware of new technologies and frameworks.
- Train others (wherever required) in order to ensure knowledge sharing and backup. Mentor junior team members on the technology & processes front.
- Should be open to travel to onsite
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 Yrs.
QUALIFICATION: Engineering Degree or Equivalent
Primary Location: IN-MH-MumbaiJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGYEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 2 yearsSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Communication skills - oral & writtenTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change