At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for developing, growing and retaining banking relationships with Japanese speaking customers who own or operate multi-national companies, and/or with officers and employees of those companies. Typically works with complex accounts. Assists Japanese speaking customers with lines of credit, wire transactions and cash management. Prepares general ledger tickets, account analysis worksheets and additional clerical work.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides technical assistance to San Line customers by phone, researching, and troubleshooting problems with wire transactions. Acts as liaison between multi-national customers and Bank of the West's Treasury Department for the purchase of Euro's or other investment products.
- Calls on potential and existing multi-national customers over the phone, as assigned, to develop new business (deposit and fee income) and retain existing business (portfolio maintenance). Supports the Bank's sales objectives and campaigns by selling or cross-selling all Bank products. Identifies opportunities to refer customers and potential customers to other units of the Bank to provide services that meet their needs. Coordinates introduction of customer/prospect to appropriate Bank personnel, and follows up to ensure their needs are met. Provides product or service information to multi-national customers and ensures that they receive the best possible service
- Works closely with Corporate Services, Treasury, Trust, and other major areas of the Bank to promote the sale and implementation of complex, financial products and services. Provides assistance to customers with Call accounts and Foreign Exchange transactions by contacting the Treasury and Global Payment Services departments. Acts as a liaison between customers and Bank of the West's Treasury Department for the purchase of Euro's or other investment products.
- Generates GL (general ledger) tickets to reverse fees or adjustments, to reconcile suspense and IBT (interbank transfer) accounts. Prepares paperwork to establish day/night overdraft line or value dated wires. Enters data into account analysis worksheet.
- Recommends approval for daylight overdraft and forward contract credit lines by analyzing financial statements.
- Resolves unusual or non-routine inquiries to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensures positive public perceptions of the Bank by extending a courteous greeting and welcome to customers and by providing accurate and timely customer service; answers telephone inquiries or directs telephone inquiries to appropriate personnel; researches and resolves customer problems.
- Handles daily management of operational account activities and make recommendations as to exposure and possible risk to the Bank on customer's accounts wire transfers, overdraft conditions and uncollected funds usage. Approves checks and wires under assigned authority. Handles complex operational duties.
Other Job Duties
- Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the Bank within the designated marketplace. Ensures compliance with CRA outreach program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge within a specific discipline typically gained through extensive work experience and/or education.
- Requires 7 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- Good knowledge of banking services and products required by Asian owned and operated companies.
- Must be bilingual with fluency in both English and Japanese.
“To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated must undergo regular testing beginning May, 2022.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.